The "iWant list"

Hello @admins, I wanted to create a long list of the features I want. You can choose and add which one would like. If anyone has any other requests @everyone can reply to this post so admins can consider checking on them.

New components:

• CardView: CardView can be useful to show information in a beautiful Material Design UI. It’s an essential on Makeroid if you ask me. (Implemented 3.0.1)

• AutoCompleteTextView: To automatically complete information the user inputs to the app. Can be used for sign-in pages maybe.

• More types of TextView: Postal Address, Phone, E-mail, Multiline Text etc. (Types that can the user sets from the properties box.
    - ProgressBar(Also Horizontal): Not for the Notifier. For the page itself. This is important for most developers.

• ToggleButton: This is another alternative to CheckBox and the Switch.

• Space: The space component for leaving spaces between components. (Implemented 3.0.1)

• StackView

• ImageSwitcher

New features:

• Themes: Customizable themes for the current project user is working on. For example; WithActionBar, AppTheme (The customized theme), NoTitleBar, AppCompat, AppCompat.Light, AppCompat.Light.NoActionBar, Material, Material.Light etc.

• Animations (Animator): Animations for everything. Components, Labels etc.

• TensorFlow Support: TensorFlow support would be just amazing for the app.

• Live Text Code Editor for Advanced Users: For advanced users, a live code editor would be awesome. Combined with the block editor, it would be so educative and easy to work with.

• More advanced "Create new Project dialog/screen: The Create New Project dialog should not be limited to only to the name of the project but we should be able to upload the logo, description and other options before creating the project, just like Android Studio.

• An easy way to edit menu items on the TitleBar: By this I mean to edit the 3 dot menu items. It’s hard to do it using blocks (Coding). It should be done from the properties view, like the ListView component with commas.

• Changing the colors of the Status Bar Icons: I also reported this sugesttion before, but as this is available with Android Studio, it can be done with Makeroid too. Just trying and if working, it would be great to see. Because some people are using White themes on their apps and Status bar icons just disappear when a white color is used. Even Android Studio does this automatically without any user attention (by getting support from the Material Design Color Palette: https://material.io/guidelines/style/color.html#color-color-palette)

Others:

• Removal of the Device frame from the Designer view: I reported this issue before, but just want to remind for another time. The canvas for working is extremely little. I can’t work and I need to use the Tablet view. (For example Android Studio, App Inventor doesn’t have this. Yes I confess, it’s something good to have in design, but we need to also work easy, right?)

• Android Wear Support: Yes, this is an extremely hard thing to do for you guys, but it uses the same technique: APKs, right? Just a suggestion, if possible it would be cool to have it on the editor.

Please reply to this discussion for more suggestions, for the admins to see them. This might help them.

Update: 3 July 2018

@admins have you seen this post? What do you think?

Some very good ideas here, we will definitely try and incorporate some of them. We won’t be able to do all of them, though.

2 Likes

Yep. Is it possible that you can say what you can do from this list, and what you can’t?

I can’t say yet. We need to discuss it first. The components are most likely, same for the new project dialog suggestion. Things like TensorFlow and Android wear, are probably extremely difficult and have a low chance of implementation.

Is it possible if we talk it privately over direct messaging?

Sure :wink:

Just a small note: If you’ve noticed here, I’m helping you guys to add all Android studio components and features to Makeroid, so people will prefer using Makeroid instead of app inventor.

2 Likes

I try something today for that.
But the option is only available for devices with api >=23 (Android 6.0)
https://developer.android.com/reference/android/view/View.html#SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_LIGHT_STATUS_BAR

Too we can not change the statusbar icon colors.
All we can try to add is this option that allows users to use light or dark icons.

That’s what I meant actually. The app icons on the status bar, right?

1 Like

Yes, I will try it.

Great! I love whislists! Let’s see… There is some things that already exists.

About new components:

For example, material card now exists as an extension made by @Andres_Cotes. It requires a minimum of likes to be liberated, though. By the time of writing this reply, it needs only 42 likes more! You can check it and maybe promote it a little bit at:

By TextView, do you mean textbox? You could check this extension (also made by Andrés). Available free at:

In the meantime, you could use an horizontal arrangement and a label with text “”, set the height to fill parent and the width proportionally to the progress you want to display.

You can use a blank label as well, I don’t think there is need for a component for that.

With the ToggleButton there is a workaround (with a button and images), but it is way more better with a component for that. I haven’t used the StackView and the ImageSwitcher, but if they can be added, the are welcome!

About some features

You could check this extension:

For animations, I think this extension is useful too.

Also, exists a premium version:

Somewhere I read that this is being developed by the AppInventor team!

3 Likes

I’ve never seen that. :thinking: Sounds interesting. It’d be greatly appreciated if you could find a link for that. :wink:

2 Likes

I haven’t heard that too. But is that possible for you to do before App Inventor @conor? (Maybe next release?)

Hello Carlos,
Thanks for replying. I would like to start saying that this wishlist is prepared for Makeroid @admins so they can add those extensions to Makeroid itself.

(By the way, also didn’t know those extensions existed. So, thank you for sharing with me.)

As I know, implementing extensions to Makeroid is easy as it’s code is already written by the developer. So I’m requesting from the team to import all this extensions to Makeroid.

Let me start with my replies:

As you’ve said, it needs likes so I would have to wait for it to get enough likes. But I need immediatly. But I will definitely support it. As we can see from the screenshots they provided, it’s not very “High Quality”. Makeroid Developers would do it better. So in this case, if they create themselves it will be awesome. As FAB exists on Makeroid, to improve and support Material Design, CardView is something essential.

Yes, sorry for the naming. Used to say names from Android Studio.

Actually, I mean the “Material Design” spinning and horizontal progress bars.

Spinning Progress Bar:*

material-round-p-bar

Horizontal Progress Bar:*

*Images from internet.

I already do like that. I just included that in the list because that component exists in Android Studio and it’s really useful. Instead of having infinite BlankLabel texts around the project eating the RAM :laughing:.

Also that Themes extension is good. That should be in Makeroid.

Also animations should exist as an option too.

Shoutout to Makeroid @admins, include all these new features with the next release and code it 3.0.0 with a brand new logo design, and splashscreen :slight_smile: it would be cool.

So, who wants new features with the next release (like a very big update including all bug fixes and these features.)

• Me :raised_hands:
  • Not me

0 voters

3 Likes

I really appreciate if we have new features like all these in wishlist, but I think it’s too early to get them. Specially because when you insert a new feature, is common to come with bugs, and we have to wait another new release to correct all these bugs… I’d rather to correct all bugs and when we have a stable version, we could think about new features.

In fact, the BIG question is: Is it possible to put all features from Android Studio in Makeroid?

Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

Yep, it’s possible. Already some of them are here. Just a few are left and they are on this list. If Makeroid Developers could check on this list and try to add them, all components will be completed. The only thing left is going to be adding more properties and fixing bugs.

If you think that there will be a lot of bugs, they could launch a beta testing on a subdomain like betabuilder.makeroid.io that is open for everyone and not only the MakerChamps group so everyone can participate and help resolve all bugs. After a beta release is ready to get published to Production, all issues would be fixed. How about this idea?

There are reasons why beta testing is for @ProKoders only and is kept private.

3 Likes

Is it possible for you to say one of those reasons? Just curious :slight_smile: @Conor

But this can be done easily with the Label component. Just set the height to 2 pixels or so and when you load something, set the color to blue and the width to 0 percent. With the progress change the Label.WidthPercent to the percentage you have loaded

4 Likes