Tiny db blockings please.. dont really know how it works

Hello everyone…

So ive been working on this project for quite so many nights.
I am on the very last course of my project.
Now i want to store/save my data such as labels, images, and etc.
Then when i open the app again it would be still there.

I know i have to use TinyDB as what ive read from different forums.
but i couldn’t understand most of it
I also watched youtube tutorials, but i cannot also understand them because it was in hindi (idrk) language.

i can send my project here if you guys want to help me with it… i would really appreciate it…

What is your prob actually

Ref here if you have multiple tags of tinydb

See how they handled the tinydb

Image guide

It isn’t so hard to understand. Actually you work with two blocks store data with a tag, call data with that tag

jaejae

i want this marked ones to be saved… i have read those already… but i haven’t seen enough samples …

well you see, i learn faster if i saw a sample…

i mean like, when i saw the blocks plus the result, then it makes it easier for me to understand,…

hope you guys will hAve enough patience for this too… im so sorry for the troubles i caused…

thanks

You can use make a list block to save all the text box value in one tag, and receiving time you can use select list item list with index method. It is too simple

Call tinydb StoreValue tag (user detail)
Value (make a list 1.(name label text) 2.(category label text) 3.(player image))

How to save multiple values under same tag

thank you so much… ill try it right away…

1 Like

Uhhhh— i already tried doing it…

but it does not work, yet…
i dont know where i went wrong… could somebody have a look at my project?
ShuffleQuizard.aia (1.1 MB)

let me know what should i do… and what i shouldn’t do…
thank you very much

There was no need to send an aia! but because you have already sent it anyway it is ok.

but see there is no need to follow everything on YouTube but you have first to know the type of data you are collecting and affter you get the data just set a button, or a clock with a variable which already has your data, then call a clock with a proceddure to ask if the variable is not empty then call a Tyndb to store the data and give a tyndb a name so that the tyndb can differenciate your multiple data.

Unfortunately I am on bed now because it is too midnight maybe if you will not be able to solve your problem tomorrow I will hep you to solve it. just remind me in case I forget.

yes. Thank you. I’ll do my best for now… I’ll dm you tommorow if i cant solve it yet.
its already 4:20am here so, i guess imma try to reach you by 3 am.
thats maybe around noon in there…

thank you… have a good rest.

No you are not…

Without asking anything from users you are designed this block… also in the make a list part you should not use the components…

In screen 1 itself you must create another arrangement which should contain or ask details about the user (registration)like name, email, gender, image then Registration button. Once all fields are filled and upon clicking the button that time only you should this store value block…

Next time while open the app, in screen1 after the clock timers you need to check the stored data details of tinydb. If it not empty directly open the subject screen else open the registration arrangement…

Also you have not saved the marked I’m tinydb perfectly as per the subject selection…

Once user clicked show result or you are showing in the marks after a button click na there you must use the tinydb StoreValue tag(get subject selection) Value(that total markestext)

Pls correct all those details and your app will be working pakka…

Sorry… I still couldn’t understand. Could you send me a sample .aia file?

and btw, its just the name i want to enter using textbox…
while the image will be set by ranking if level points reach certain values.

I just started practicing kodular for almost a month now… i still couldn’t grasp everything easily…

it would be easier for me if i can have a sample

Then you must do think and act… i am away from system, anyway let me try in mob… try to save user rank in quiz itself… there also you use make a list block with subject name and ranking image…

So, what i was trying to do here is

When app starts, after screen 1 i will be directed to another screen = “Main_menu”, then input “player’s name” (which i also forgot), then from there, rank icon starts @ level 1, then rank name will be “starter rank”, then display accuracy at “00%”
under them are the subjects that shows the highest scores taken from each corresponding subjects.

Now, I want these things to be saved… And when i take the quiz and finish it, i can get the values from “QUIZ screen” to “Main_menu”… (already test and sees result, but dont know how to calculate it exactly.

and im planing to store the image assets for ranking_icon in the “main_menu” screen itself…

I tried various procedures on how to solve it, but still failed…

Store value tag = name
Value = name what you want
Store value tag = accuracy
Value = 00%
And same for all the things you want to save and when you want to get it then.
Get value tag = name
Value if not there = if value is not there then you can give anything.
Same method to get.

Sent you pm, see to that

For someone we wrote almost 2000 blocks I find it hard to understand how he can not understand how to use tinydb and when to save data. Also there are so many examples in community showing the use of tiny db. Why asking for a sample aia ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.