Unable to produce AIX for extension when using Rush

#off-topic thanks for that command it works better than rush build

rush build -x just gives debug kind of information, nothing special?

3 Likes

no I still don’t see the .aix file when running rush build -x command

@adwapbao Can you please paste the output of rush build -x here?

As such, there’s nothing special with that flag. It’s just that it prints extra debug log as @hammerhai mentioned.

3 Likes

I have tried the following commands rush build, rush build -r, rush build -x, rush build -o
.aix file cannot be exported, you can watch the video I worked on before

That’s not what I asked for. :point_down:

By output, I mean the text output that you see in your terminal application after build command is executed.

1 Like
Admin@Admin MINGW64 /d/date/ytthumb
$ rush build -x
                      __
     _______  _______/ /_
    / ___/ / / / ___/ __ \
   / /  / /_/ (__  / / / /
  /_/   \__,_/____/_/ /_/

β€’ Build initialized

β”Œ Validating project files
β”‚
β”‚  OKAY Metadata file (rush.yml)
β”‚
β”‚  OKAY AndroidManifest.xml file
β”” Done
β”Œ Compiling Java files
β”” Done
β”Œ Processing extension files
β”‚  process:
β”‚       [java] Exception in thread "main" java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\rush\workspaces\com.tythumb.abc.ytthumb\classes\simple_components.json
β”‚       [java]  at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(Unknown Source)
β”‚       [java]  at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(Unknown Source)
β”‚       [java]  at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(Unknown Source)
β”‚       [java]  at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.newByteChannel(Unknown Source)
β”‚       [java]  at java.nio.file.Files.newByteChannel(Unknown Source)
β”‚       [java]  at java.nio.file.Files.newByteChannel(Unknown Source)
β”‚       [java]  at java.nio.file.Files.readAllBytes(Unknown Source)
β”‚       [java]  at io.shreyash.rush.ExtensionGenerator.readFile(ExtensionGenerator.java:255)
β”‚       [java]  at io.shreyash.rush.ExtensionGenerator.main(ExtensionGenerator.java:25)
β”” Done
β”Œ Converting Java bytecode to DEX bytecode
β”‚
β”‚
dexExt:
β”‚       [java] Error in C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\rush\workspaces\com.tythumb.abc.ytthumb\raw\com.tythumb.abc.ytthumb\files\AndroidRuntime.jar:
β”‚       [java] File not found: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\rush\workspaces\com.tythumb.abc.ytthumb\raw\com.tythumb.abc.ytthumb\files\AndroidRuntime.jar
β”‚       [java] Compilation failed
β”‚
β”” Done
β”Œ Finalizing the build
β”‚
assemble:
β”‚        [zip] Warning: skipping zip archive D:\date\ytthumb\out\com.tythumb.abc.ytthumb.aix because no files were included.
β”” Done

β€’ Build successful

Admin@Admin MINGW64 /d/date/ytthumb
$

I have done everything, after build successful I can’t get aix in Out folder. Why?

(I’m trying to build the default java)

2 Likes

I also had the same problem

@JAHID and @adwapbao, I’m investigating the issue where the AIX is not getting produced. I’ll release a fix once I get it resolved.

1 Like

@adwapbao Can you try creating an extension with Rush in the drive thats letter is β€œC:”? Don’t even change the files, just create and see if it builds.

i tried it in C: drive and nothing

That won’t make any difference. The problem is that the Java file for the extension isn’t getting compiled, and hence, no AIX in the out directory.

I just figured since it said something about the C: drive that it would, since they’re creating the project in a completely different drive.

Here I see the compile log with the error of missing file \ AndroidRuntime.jar.
Converting Java bytecode to DEX bytecode
β”‚
β”‚
dexExt:
β”‚
β”‚ [java] Error in C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\rush\workspaces\com.ytthumb\raw\com.ytthumb\files\AndroidRuntime.jar:
β”‚ [java] File not found: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\rush\workspaces\com.ytthumb\raw\com.ytthumb\files\AndroidRuntime.jar
β”‚
β”‚ [java] Compilation failed
β”‚
β”” Done
β”Œ Finalizing the build
β”‚
β”‚
assemble:
β”‚ [zip] Warning: skipping zip archive D:\ex\ytthumb\out\com.ytthumb.aix because no files were included.
β”” Done

I also have this issue. The extension doesn’t compile I mean the build is successful but there is not extension in out folder

1 Like

Thanks for reporting @zainulhassan. I’m investigating the issue.

2 Likes

i dont know why but it works for me
did you all add this line

-keeppackagenames gnu.kawa.functions.**
-keeppackagenames gnu.expr.**

to proguard-rules-pro ?

watch my video, I did and added that command and there is no .aix file watch min 4:07

1 Like

try creating a new project and then dont change it at all and then try?