Update My App - Extension - Useful to app builders to update their distributed apps

Yes, it supports.

1 Like

@Automate_My_Project, thanks for the info i will try it

2 Likes

good extension, it supports Android 10 (tried) :thumbsup: :heart:

1 Like

What are the results of after checking for update`` response ?

It informs whether the app is up to date is or not. With this, we can perform our desired operation like highlighting a button or something else.

Keep koding…
All the best.

1 Like

gjh
What are the integers of response and what does it mean ?

Place the mouse pointer on the event, then it will display the description of that event. In that you can find the results in detail.

2 Likes

Is it possibile add changelog of new version ?

1 Like

I have just some Idea for Showing Update in App without any extension.

Required Component … :point_down:

1. Fierbase
  2. Notification

Step… :point_down:

1. Set Fierbase Blocks and store your current version code in fierbase.
    ( example. Version 4)

2. When Screen initializing then get (value) version code from fierbase.

3. When Got value then set blocks… :point_down::point_down::point_down:

If : Screen 1 Version Code 4 = Value ( Version code 4 )

then ( Not update Available )

else : ( Update Available )
Set Custom notifier and do action… :grinning:

When You give update in app then change value (version code in fierbase)

Its very simple… Hope u understand… :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

3 Likes

Yes, it is possible. I will update the extension to accommodate ChangeLog feature. I will post it soon here.

4 Likes

Good. I have made this with the same approach. Please go through the topic. You can understand it.

2 Likes

the extension is good, but needs some work. alert does not work if imported aia file.

1 Like

make a guide

2 Likes

Please specify the work you need !

1 Like

I do not know you will understand me correctly, I use google translator. but the extension only works if the project is created from scratch. If the project was downloaded in aia format and was imported to kodular, the extension does not work. download any aia file and check
see, the extension works only on two of my projects created by me

1 Like

Hi
I had tested this app yesterday. It was working but with a delay. But today onwards the same is not working at all. Please help if i am doing wrong.

1 Like

It searches for the sheet on internet. So, it takes some time to do this action.

It is the problem with Screen 1.Initialize. Sometimes, Screen 1.Initialize fails to run the function. It happens not only with this function but also with others.

My suggestion is…
Call the function CheckUpdate after all the commands in Screen 1.Initialize are over.

Keep koding…
All the best.

1 Like

Thanks for your advice. I will try that way too and update. But, I have a small doubt. I had inserted it as attached now. Now I am getting the Toast, that “Checking for Updates”. This means that the on Screen initializing the function is being called. Am I right? Then nothing is happening. About the delay, the day before when I added, it worked after 30 min. Awaiting your Reply. Thanks in Advance.

1 Like

HI
I tried the way you said. But the Update is not happenning?

1 Like

Place Notifier1.ShowMessageDialog in
Screen 1.Initialize as a welcome note.

Then call the function CheckUpdate from the event Notifier1.AfterChoosing.

Now, you can see the result.

2 Likes