Uploading a Video in Kodular (no cloud option)

Team,

I am a first time app builder and been exploring my way to build a coaching app. I would like to upload a Video tutorial which is 40MB. I do not want to use cloudinary or firebase. Wanted this to be part of the app and users would be OK to download a 50MB app as this is for our close community only.

PS - This app needs to be standalone (working without internet)

I searched for the past few weeks all over the net and could not find a right solution. Seeking your help. Thanks
Prasad

Kodular apk limit is 32mb however, see below

Thanks a lot for replying. I will study that and explore. If i could keep the file size to less than 30 mb, is there a way out ? I tried uploading the video (11 MB), but when i exported into apk, got error 701ā€¦ and still could not find a solution for that error.

You have to go this way to upload a big file (video, ā€¦) to the assets:

Thanks, i used your other method mentioned earlier and uploaded a 20 MB video file (its .3gp), but when i open the apk, and try playing that video, still getting the Error 701ā€¦ any way out pls.
The one which i uploaded in kodular asset was 1.5 mb (.3gp file) which i replaced in the folder using APK Editor studio.

Team, kindly request an update please. i am stuck here and could not move forward

Please, learn to be patient.

2 Likes

If you donā€™t get along with the procedure from ā€œHow to build a big appā€, why donā€™t you make it easy for yourself and follow my suggestion:

This will definitely work if your APK is ā‰¤ 32 MB and the aia < 24.5MB.
See also here:

Thanks a lot for replying.
I have tried the options suggested in your discussions.

Steps followed

1. Edited the video file ā€˜sample.3gpā€™ to make it a small size (800 KB) and uploaded the same into the assets via Kodular Creator
  2. Generated the aia file
  3. Opened the aia file using WinZip, and replaced the ā€˜sample.3gpā€™ (800kb) file with ā€˜sample.3gpā€™ (20MB) file
  4. Imported the aia into Kodular again and generated the apk.
  5. apk was generated and when i install the app and test, i am getting the 'Error 701: Unable to load ā€˜sample.3gpā€™

aia file size - 20,540 kb
apk file size - 26,937 kb

I may be missing something here. Please help in clarifying and thanks a ton for your kind responses.

Did you even read the guides? This is not how it works.

1 Like

Hi, there were two options suggested by @bodymindpower, I have tried bothā€¦one using winzip and the other using apk editor and recompilingā€¦still with the app I get the same errorā€¦Iā€™ve read the instructions and followedā€¦

Both methods should work, but there is obviously still the same bug that I reported already in July 2019. (Companion works.)
@Kodular please fix it.

if u search ā€œError 701 app inventorā€, thereā€™re so many people reporting this problem, not just Kodular.

@WatermelonIce Yes, iam aware, whatā€™s your point? Iam trying to seek help for a solutionā€¦

just telling you that thereā€™s no solution currenly, because itā€™s a bug i think as @bodymindpower says

The VideoPlayer component in AI2 (play from assets) is working.

1 Like

You will have to wait for a fix.

@bodymindpower i actually tried to Open the aia develiped in kodular using app inventor to see if i can load the video there, but it wouldnnt importā€¦the otherway around works.

Max aia size is 10 MB in AI2.
So only ā€œHow to build a big appā€ will work.

See also here: