Which data does Kodular collect from app users?

I got the same mail. - > Today…

i think the location data collection is the issue please kodular team respond

any one who using admanger marked no and got approved

Solution?
Are you fixed this issue?
please comment, if solved
Thanks

No
I think the Kodular staff has a solution/answer.

2 Likes

I also got the same email. I want to delete the permission (ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION) with Apk Editor Studio and it outputs it as Apk. I think google play will now ask for “aab”. Also, when the permission is deleted, the ad or whatever using it can cause problems.

I am one of those waiting for help.

R u using onesignal component ?
I think this issue (permission (ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION) ) fond due to onesignal component.

1 Like

without onesignal component app approved.

You marked no?

yes I am using onesignal. I guess I’ll have to remove it.

Are you using ads component?

If we remove one signal it not need that permission i think

For some users asking about the Data Safety. I just found that we have to click “Yes” if we use Admanager / Admob or some ad networks. You can check their data disclosure page to see which / what type of data they collect and the reason they collect.

The data that admanager collects and the purpose of the data.

Note : This counts as data collection and we need to select Yes and complete further steps.

Links

AdManager SDK : Prepare for Google Play's data disclosure requirements  |  Mobile Ads SDK for Android  |  Google Developers

Admob SDK : Prepare for Google Play's data disclosure requirements  |  Android  |  Google Developers

Google group discussing about the same topic which is answered by staffs/volunteers from Admob : https://groups.google.com/g/google-admob-ads-sdk/c/2So-N4qi2xE

Their “Guide” to fill the form : Prepare for Google Play's data disclosure requirements  |  Android  |  Google Developers

Actually, Google should give us an option to select if we use any kind of “Google’s SDK or products” and google should take care of handling what data they collect and how it’s used instead of asking us questions about their products.

In short, we collect/share data by a 3rd party who takes care of the data collected.

For the questions, We do collect collect/share data by a 3rd party. The data is encrypted during transmit, ofcourse it’s a secure SDK and it follows the basic. I am not sure on how to answer the last one. 'Cause, we may not have control over how google answer handles or provides ways to help the request and erase their data.

The form takes some time and please see the disclosure page on how to answer it carefully. I actually did answer the form for one of my apps and it’s being approved ( will update if there’s any reply ).

And, I wanted to include some details too from their Data safety page

As per google’s answer, It’s not considered as collecting unless we prompt and use the permission. It’s a bit confusing that the location permission comes under the Sensitive Information ( following that link ).

We do not request either background or foreground location in the runtime.

But, I’m still concerned a bit about the permissions that our apps has even if they aren’t prompted during runtime.

UPDATE : My App got approved

Important Note : I’m not 100% sure on some things since I didn’t find any other useful information. If you want to see more or understand how they work. You can check the links I’ve mentioned above. This is from my insight / understanding and if you find something useful or find something wrong in my post. You can reply me.

But some one app got aproved he marked no and he used admanager and he removed onesignal this is confusing…

2 Likes

yes…using ads

Informative!
Added More Info, Please Check:
Data Collected by the OneSignal SDK

Thanks

Google couldn’t check all of the apps as it’s mentioned in their pages and he is probably doing it wrong. It’s clearly mentioned in the data disclosure of both of the SDKs and It’s also mentioned “It’s up to the dev to how to answer the form”. So, it’s up to you to how to answer the form using the info you’ve got on “How you made your app to collect ( your code ), 3rd party data collection and Google’s info”.

Well, it can take time and if one or more apps use just Admob or Admanager. You can export the form as CSV and re-upload them for your another app which saves you lot of time and works as template when you try to publish new apps.

I don’t think one signal alone is causing issue, one signal does not require location permission to work but when we add ads component then android version less than 6 automatically capture location coordinates which is causing this issue.

Yes i am not using one signal.

Requesting access to location in the background

Get approval for your app’s access to location in the background

https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/9799150#zippy=%2Ctimeline-for-review-and-approval-changes%2Cstep-make-access-to-location-in-the-background-clear-to-users%2Chow-do-i-remove-location-in-the-background%2Cstep-provide-a-video-demonstration%2Csee-an-example-video-demonstration%2Cstep-review-best-practices-for-accessing-location%2Cstep-consider-alternatives-to-accessing-location-in-the-background