Xiaomi devices are showing pop-up ads in Kodular Companion

hi all

i realiz that now every time i open kodular companion it will open playstore to download app

i know that its because of ads, but why u kodular using that push download app ads,

i see there is banner ads in bottom,

well thats just my concern.

i know u guys need money to grow and stay updated. but please consider not to push the ads to download

thanks

3 Likes

It also happened with me but 2-3 months ago. Now it doesn’t happens

3 Likes

Greed is increasing but I don’t know whose :innocent:

4 Likes

Same here also, but not now, that happen with me 1 month ago.

2 Likes

its just happening to me maybe a few days,
i try to close all apps and open kodular companion and push the scan qr and it open playstore,

1 Like

What kind of a app, what is worth I’ve never experienced this behavior on my (8 devices)

2 Likes

i will try to screenshoot it

here i close my companion and open it again same thing happened
and the play market is realme apps, its always opened when there is app that want to download outside playstore app, it will pop up,
its phone apps.
but the companion the one that asking to download it.

2 Likes

yes for me too when i open the companion sometimes even today, think companion is wantedly doing this :expressionless: for Money

1 Like

Hmm
That’s strange… This is the first time I’ve observed this behaviour. We don’t have code that opens such modals. It could be the banner ad, but I’m not sure. Which device are you using? (This question is to everyone who has faced this issue)

5 Likes

@Vishwas I used Android 5.1.1 then i don’t see that problem if i use my android 9 phone, then the issue begins

2 Likes

realme c2,
i have use this phone for long time, and never happened, the banner ads i know it. but the push download just recently

1 Like

Me2

It looks, feels like a virus behavior

4 Likes

Which phone are you using? This doesn’t happen on stock Android devices

2 Likes

Virus in my phone, is it downloaded? :scream: :scream:

what is stock android devices?

2 Likes

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2018 and xiaomi redmi 6A

3 Likes

#Off-Topic

An Android Stock device is a device that does not contain external modifications by the user, such as Rooting or the installation of custom ROMs, such as CyanogenmodOS (Currently LineageOS)

When you buy your Android device, it comes with what we call a “stock ROM” or the “stock firmware”. This refers to the preinstalled operating system. This ROM usually has limited functionality as defined by the phone’s manufacturer. By flashing a custom ROM, you can unlock extra features and sometimes improve the performance.

3 Likes

my phone its android pie
build number RMX1941EX_11_A.28
baseband m_v3_p10m_v3_p10
security patch july 5 2020
kernel 4.9.117

and its not rooted

Mine too not rooted and i will never.

2 Likes

Yes You are right, they are aslo reloading ads on every single click of three dot button.

3 Likes