AIX Studio - The first desktop IDE for Kodular extension development

Huh. The same thing happened to me before, but my antivirus was blocking things, so maybe it’s also an antivirus issue?

1 Like

This computer has only the Microsoft Defender which is also turned off :sweat_smile:.

Windows 10 Pro

Oh. I’ll have another look at this. Something is really strange.
Development update: This appears to be something that other users of an open source dependency have also been experiencing. It seems to be that there are a few solutions, so I’ll have a look and try a few.

1 Like

From what I can see here, each and every instance of AIX Studio that I set up is open, but it doesn’t display anything. If any of you tested on Windows, I suggest that you open Task Manager, select More details, and close the process that opened. Apparently, I opened AIX Studio that much in frustration…

But Then How To Open It?

What do you mean?

#OffTopic

Sublime Text + GitHub Workflows :sunglasses::joy:

That’s also a method, but you don’t get: inhales deeply

• IntelliSense that works with modules used for extension development
  • Built-in javadocs
  • Built-in template and snippet library
  • Offline builds
  • ~fancy~ looks

I mean, you could use that method while you’re waiting for the next version, though. The current version is bugged, but the next version is coming soon.

1 Like

I know, and in fact I really appreciate that there are projects like yours, as they could facilitate the development process for many people :smiley:.

But personally, and because I have no other alternatives, I use Sublime Text (With certain plugins) + GitHub Workflows :github:

You see, my computer is capable, to give a real example, run VirtualDJ with up to 4 screens and still have optimal performance, however when it comes to Java-related I can barely run Minecraft at 10FPS :confused: (Although for some reason this does not happen using Java7) :pushpin:

But I reiterate again, your project sounds promising, and as @yusufcihan mentioned, it might be great if you ever make it open source because more people could review the code and contribute to this

1 Like

Thanks! AIX Studio 2 is going to be open source by the way.

3 Likes

I don’t if it is helpful for you or not.

Hi @cedkim,
Today i tried to install the program.but, unfortunately, it couldn’t install it.
I set the installation location.and then, a progress dialog appeared saying that the program is installing.After it reached the end.The dialog disappeared. But i didn’t find any thing in my programs.Just find a new folder named AIXStudio.
Nothing else.Even when i opned this folder and i found an exe file when i tried to open it that error popped up;

I’m using Acer laptop windows 10.
May be i’m doing something wrong or what? :thinking:

1 Like

Same dialog appeared to me

1 Like

This is something that worked on my machine, but it seemed to not work otherwise. I’m working on a fix (and some new features). In the meantime, here’s how to bypass this issue.

1. Open the libs folder
  2. Click Code.exe.

Yes it works, but it opens visual studio code and not AIX studio :thinking:

Awesome great job , so now anyone can make extensions via your studio , you are genius

Interesting project @cedkim!
Waiting eagerly for stable AIX Studio V2.
Good luck for your development ahead! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks!

AIX Studio is based off of VS Code’s source code, so it will look very familiar.

1 Like

No.even if i open the about it tells me that its visual studio code.I don’t find the options to export extensions.etc…It looks different from the screen shots you uploaded.I followed your instructions here.but it looks like code.exe is visual studio dose:

1 Like

That is really strange. For some reason, it might have run into an error and scrapped all customizations.

3 Likes