AIX Studio - The first desktop IDE for Kodular extension development

It looks like code.exe is visual code studio and not AIX studio.There is another exe called AIXStudio.exe but that what happens when i try to open it:

2 Likes

I think one of the issues is that VS Code directly launched from libs won’t have customizations, because the launcher injects a huge amount of code into VS Code, and without it, most functionality will not work.

The launcher issue seems to have something to do with the fact that I wrote the launcher in Batch script and compiled it wrong.

3 Likes

Development update: AIX Studio 2 had a few issues in the build configuration, and after a bit of waiting, we should be able to see if my fix worked.

Edit: For some reason, the CI script isn’t pulling the dependency that lets it upload results.

2 Likes

Development update: The old build system has been scrapped. AIX Studio 2 Desktop will now use electron-builder instead of electron-forge for builds, which will make it possible to run builds for 32-bit systems and will finally allow for deb, rpm, AppImage, and snap files to be built for Linux systems!

6 Likes

A note on development updates

I’ll keep posting updates on how things are working out here, but for a more organized view, you can read the devlog in GitHub Projects.

Open GitHub Projects

6 Likes

Development update

Some issues with desktop builds
Builds for desktop on macOS don’t seem to work for some reason. I’m looking into it.
Edit: Commit fe7f9ee (on GitHub) may or may not fix this issue. Let’s just see what it does.
Edit 2: Mac builds are working, but Linux builds aren’t. I’ll keep working on this. No operating system left behind!
Edit 3: It seems that Linux builds can be done on Mac, and that the Mac server actually uploaded an AppImage alongside the DMG files. Yay!

:mag: View on GitHub

3 Likes

Development update (and pre-release software update!)

Fixed desktop builds and pre-release v2.0.2 is out!
Desktop builds have been fixed and a new version of AIX Studio 2 is ready for testing.
It’s not production-ready, but for the brave ones out there, you can download it here:
Get AIX Studio Desktop 2.0.2

P.S. It’s available as an AppImage for Linux now as well.

2 Likes

Aaaaaand we already have our first v2.0.2 bug. For some reason, nothing loads. The editor window shows up but it seems that something’s wrong.
EDIT: I opened a ticket on GitHub because I want to stay organized. See issue makeaixstudio/desktop#2.

2 Likes

Development update

IDE bug fix is in progress
I just rolled out a build to try and fix the bug where the IDE wouldn’t load properly. Let’s just wait and see what we see.

See this note in GitHub Projects

2 Likes

Development update

IDE bugfix is out
Version 2.0.3 (still pre-release) should fix the bug where plugins don’t load properly.
Download

2 Likes

This is from the appimage version. I don’t know how i can see that everything is loaded correctly.

2 Likes

I was about to say this, then I forgot, but if no welcome screen shows up, it’s not working, so something broke. I’m going to keep working on this.

2 Likes

Development update

An update on the IDE bugfix
The previous bugfix did not work. A new bugfix is being built at the moment. Thank you for your patience.

View this note in GitHub Projects

1 Like

Just to let you know: I’m not dead! I’m still working on AIX Studio.

6 Likes

Most important Update :smile:

7 Likes

Can I Use Custom Library In You AIX Studio

1 Like

It should be possible. However, I’m still trying to fix one bug where nothing loads in the editor.

2 Likes

Development update

I’m currently getting back to work on AIX Studio after taking a bit of a break.
Sorry if I missed anything, but I’m happy to be working on AIX Studio again!

13 Likes

ice_screenshot_20201018-170807
show error not fix

Please make a to z video on it