Amazon API keys

hi everyone, what’s up?

I’m doing an app for showing people Amazon’s best deals. Everything is working fine for now but i have two questions:

• is it this app against any rule?
  • Does anyone ever tried to do a similar app? Im having trouble finding and using Amazon’s API, if someone can point me the right direction.

I need the app to get what it’s Amazon’s Deals page and get values from there.

Hope you can help.
Thanks

You may need to embed Amazon.com in to a webviewer component or contact Amazon about that.

Thank you for your answer!

Actually I need to get the link and the image from a certain page from Amazon and put them into a ListViewer with image. The link will be modified before be put on the ListViewer.
That’s why I can’t use WebViewer component.

Still have troubles.

You have to manually copy the image link of each and every item and paste it in your database (by right click on image)

I was sure there must have been a way to do it automatically.

As I can reach a value using website’s API from the web, i can’t think of not doing the same with Amazon.

Thank you for your answers.

Read this blog post:

You can use this package to save all the data to your database with just one click and then you can show all those data your users. It’s that easy. :wink:

2 Likes

I’m not very familiar with Python, but i’ll give it a try.
Thanks

Read it carefully. Hope you will understand. In case, you face any problem with Python syntax, kindly PM me. :slight_smile:

I’m not just quite sure how to implement python into kodular to be honest.
But i’m sure i’ll get the answer reading through the docs (hopefully).

1 Like

No need to implement python into Kodular.
See the image below:

Use Selectorlib. Can you see the download button beside Upload Data button? You can download the data or you can copy the JSON data after scrapping it from amazon.

2 Likes

I’ll try and let you know!
thank you very much.

1 Like

That is possible, But those images will be stored in your app. Sellers may update the original images and the images in your app will not be accurate.

Yes I know, it’s static process.
Hence regular update has to be made.