Apkbuilder stage error

Question: 1. Do you use an extension from deephost in your project?
2.Are you using the latest versions of all extensions?

1 Like

Yes, ColorPicker, Custom_Download, MySQL_Database, Overlay_Layout and Video_Player and i can’t remove any of them because i need them especially MySQL Database extension.

1 Like

5× deephost?
Sorry,but I think you are lost then.
Or better:let deephost fix your app!:grin:

3 Likes

Why? What’s the matter with DeepHost extensions they’re very good and help me a lot in my app, don’t throw words like that explain well.

1 Like

No Need to explain, just ask him for support.
Over and out.

2 Likes

There’s no problem with his extensions. Why all this hate to him?

2 Likes

DeepHosts extensions we’re removed from the index of available extensions earlier this year. They don’t respond to questions about their extensions. So it’s always better to go with another extension.

3 Likes

So if i remove them everything is gonna be fine?

1 Like

If you need them, then I wouldn’t take the chance with people just assuming.

1 Like

And how is that even possible?

I don’t think the problem is with Kodular.

App Inventor has some limitations and so with Kodular.
You can’t expect to build a high quality professional app with Kodular/App Inventor.
If you are expecting that then you need to migrate to Android Studio.

Maybe that’s right but if someone asks a question related to my extension can you assure me that he will at least post one reply ?

2 Likes

Yes if you send him an email. And also i didn’t face any error with his extensions they’re pretty good and work well and also i didn’t see someone post here about them.

1 Like

Many users reported that he hardly replies to emails.
And I am talking about helping in public, for example here.

Because most of the users/developers here know that discussion about DeepHost’s extensions is not allowed.

4 Likes

Do you have long strings of text in a text component?

Text blocks with 50 to 100+ characters?

This helped me out as I had a lot of text due to using Dynamic Components and using schema to create components. It causes problems when exporting and will give you the exact error you are getting due to a text limitation (note: text in other languages uses more text that english characters).

There are more process efficient methods to solve the issue I mentioned above, but below are steps to the simplest method that I know of.

How to fix it:
Process: On screen initialize, read json files uploaded to the project assets and store them to a variable. Use variable instead of text block for “Create Schema” input.
Steps:

• Make a json (or text) file and paste your schema/JSON into it
  • Upload file to your project “Assets”
  • Add the “File” component to your project
  • Get the event block (yellow one) for “Screen initialize” and from the file component use the “read file” method block (purple one) to read your file you uploaded to your assets.
  • Get the event block for “Got file” (yellow) and using its output variable “text”, assign the text to a variable.
  • Use the variable to replace your long text block.
  • Repeat for all long schema text blocks used.

There are better ways of doing this as I mentioned before (using dictionaries, nested JSON and loops), but this is a most straight forward fix.

1 Like

The error from the topic you shared a link to is completely different than the one @youssef_achour is facing.

2 Likes

The error from the post is different, yes. The error Youssef is getting is the same that I got and to solve my problem I had to reduce the text. That is what I was trying to get at in my post. My bad. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I think i can just split the text to multiple parts and join them using the join block, why all this complexity? :joy:

You had a similar error here,

Why, why, why can’t you learn from your mistakes by properly test your stuff…

2 Likes

Next time please search the community…

3 Likes

It’s totally different than that error because i don’t neither use pavitra’s extension nor Taifun’s one for in-app billing for now and i don’t know from where is the error.

As i mentionned above i searched and found many topics but no answer

Thank you so much! It worked :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’ll just search for another video player extension :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

You still stand upon this statement?

1 Like