BLE extension not working after update

Hi, i am using this BLE extension made by Mit AI team GitHub - mit-cml/appinventor-extensions at extension/bluetoothle
It used to work fine before the last Kodular’s update but now it has lots of problems.
My project’s blocks didn’t change since the last version, i only changed one thing in the designer and exported as APK, that’s why i think it’s something related to Version 1.4C.5 update.

Here’s a list of things that don’t work anymore:

  • Scanning for devices
  • Reading services UUIDs and data from them (after manual connection using device’s address)

I’m not getting any error, it just doesn’t work
Surely there are other things that don’t work but i haven’t been able to test others

Obviously i tried both in Companion (latest version available) and exported APK

I hope that there’s a solution for this, else i won’t be able to update my app anymore.

Thank you :smiley:

1 Like

I found a solution for this! I’ll share it here so maybe it will help someone else
After the update, to use BLE you need to ask for android.hardware.bluetooth_le permission but asking for it returns an error.
Fortunately Evan Patton (MIT) and creator of the extension, relased a new version of it with a fix for this issue
Here’s the topic No devices found during BLE scan on android 10 - MIT App Inventor Help - MIT App Inventor Community
Hope this helped :laughing:


This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.