Can we use kodular community as a media storage😄😄

Yes but, Mediafire is now also restricted in some countries.

Firebase is a Google product. So I don’t think their “security” should be questioned as they already have the most secure servers on the market (because they do this job for years and we would have seen a lot of news of “successful” attacks on Google servers if they were “unsafe”).

Lastly, if you have trust issues (which is very normal) about any service, you can buy a VPS (Virtual Private Server) and install self-hosted products such as Nextcloud (which is self-hosted cloud storage) and store your files in it.

Even with a self-hosted solution, if you keep your credentials public and allow public access, then don’t expect a “secure” solution, because you are the only one who can control your own security. You CAN’T expect a service that also protects your credentials, it is your responsibility and don’t try to escape from that. So if you let someone steal your credentials, you can easily say any service is non-secure. (I assume you left your Firebase settings to allow everyone to write / read)

4 Likes

I got your reply thanks to explain me this whole otherwise I would be questioning wrong services. But any possibility to get data from server to the user without any third person involvement ? As you said that in firebase we enable write and read permission so we own enable but any other idea to solve it

I’ll try up this

Instead of enabling all actions to the public, just deny read and write operations. Maybe this can help you:

https://docs.kodular.io/guides/component-examples/firebase-rules/#authenticated-only-mode

2 Likes

Here it depends on what you mean by media? If you mean something like images, you can convert them to base64 and store them in Firebase or Firestore. With each you get 1GB of storage for values (although I’m not sure how it’s calculated), you can store ~1,073,741,824 characters in both Firebase and Firestore total.

2 Likes