Fenix 1.5.6 - bugs - File component

First test of the File component after the 1.5.6 release / Android 9 & 11

Copy a file from assets to one of the Shared folders (e.g. /Download):

APK:

1. File.Exists scopeAsset does not work
  2. Copy from assets to FileScope.Legacy does not work
  3. Copy from assets to FileScope.Shared does not work (no crash as with Companion).
5 Likes

Great work guys but unfortunately now you have broken this block instead

bild

same issue as with Exists block

1 Like

Copy a file with the File component from the ASD to one of the Shared folders (e.g. /Download)

It does not work on Android 11+. WRITE permission must be declared in the Manifest (incorrectly) also on Android 11+.

Note: Writing and reading should/must work without storage permissions and regardless of whether the file is media or non-media.

Correction for Companion:

I just received an update notification for Comanion 1.5.6. After that, the issues with Companion no longer occur. However, the problems / bugs with the APK remain.

2 Likes

Create a new folder in one of the Shared folders (e.g. /Download/myPDFs) on Android 11+

As before:
It does not work on Android 11+. WRITE permission must be declared in the Manifest (incorrectly) also on Android 11+.

1 Like

Companion 1.5.6

What do you want to say? I don’t get it with your doit

Oh, I had misunderstood it (throughout all my testing). I’ve opened another old project now and I see what you mean… sorry

Apparently extensions are also affected by this problem:

grafik

1 Like

Can you share your broken project with TaifunFile extension

Save a test file in one of the Shared folders on Android 11+

I does not work with Companion and the APK.
With the APK it also does not work even after declaring WRITE in the Manifest on Android 11+ .

The file is saved then, but the .AfterFileSaved event and the .GotText event are not triggered.

It is purely a test project with some confidential data that unfortunately cannot be deleted now:

Summary

However, this bug (crash) persists on Android 9:

grafik

Copy a zip file from the assets to one of the Shared folders (e.g. /Documents/myFolder_2) and unzip it there on Android 11+

The same bug as before:

Blocks

Note: The Zip/Unzip method needs an absolute path (should be a relative path!)
I have pointed this out several times over the years.

1 Like

It no longer makes sense to list all other bugs related to the File component here.
So again my conclusion
:

As I said before, all functions / methods of the File component can be performed with one of the File extensions and / or my MFile extension. Since these have been working well for years (most recently also on Android 11+), it shouldn’t really be a problem to implement this with the File component as well.

As long as this has not been implemented without bugs (and this also applies to AI2 with regard to the WRITE permission problem on Android 11+) I recommend using the extensions mentioned (instead of the File component).

I have already explained in detail several times how to fix the problems and bugs regarding the File component.

But apparently nobody (at least from the platform executives) is listening to me. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Save an image with Canvas in one of the Shared folders - issue / bug

Following the AI2 logic with DefaultFileScope=Legacy an image created with Canvas should then be saved in one of the Shared folders if the path at Canvas.SaveAs is set to e.g. /Documents/myCanvas.jpg has been set.

However, this is not the case. The image is always stored in the ASD.

**So there is no way to save directly to a Shared folder in Kodular (with Canvas).
You always have to take the detour of moving it back there later.

1 Like