File component and media files

Silly question, Does kodular’s “file” component only support text files or other file types too? If this component only supports text files, how can I save media files through the app?

Use Download Component :thinking:

1 Like

As the File component saves text so it supports files with text only, like .txt, .csv ,etc.

1 Like

I am creating a camera app (to add functions not available on the stock camera), I wanted to save the photo taken directly in the phone sdcard. but since, as you said, the “file” component only supports text, is there an extension or something else that can work around this problem?

The camera component ( or surface view if you are using it ) directly save the image you’ve captured, no need to use the file component.
But do you mean to save it in a custom path ?

1 Like

yes :thumbsup:

So use file tools extension, copy method, to copy the image from the default path it got saved at to your new custom path.

1 Like

Ok, thanks! :kodular: :thumbsup: :blush:

1 Like

but how do i know the name of the image file to move? where can i get it from?

The surface view has image parameter, you can use it in the from parameter in the copy method:
component_event (11)
Same for any other components that takes images.

1 Like

okay, thank you :blush:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.