File Error after selecting files

@themaayur @Soham_Shah
it does not make much sense to start the same discussion again in another thread… please stop this… thank you… I joined them now

Taifun

1 Like

I bet you have the same issue as this one

Hi Boban, are you expecting me to do this, if so then i face the same error

file

start learning to debug your project rather than using the community as debugger…
I mentioned it already a few times in this thread… also debugging yourself is much much faster…

is there any reaon, why you still don’t like to use Do it or display results in a label to find out, what is going on?
use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools

Taifun

3 Likes

I hope you can see the set label text block in all the blocks that I have posted in the community and also correct me if I am wrong the do it thing works in companion only? Or in exported app too?

great… you are able to see the values… but we here in the community are not able to see them in the screenshot… so unfortunately we are not able to help…
what about using Do it to display the result of that label for us in the community if you are not able to find out the issue yourself?
use a get Label146.Text block and use Do it to display the value of the label…

yes exactly

Taifun

And unfortunately I’m not able to connect to companion since a month that’s why can’t use tool tip and that’s why i am exporting the app and testing

Why ? Have you updated the companion.

Yes I have updtaed

then let me suggest you to get the companion app running asap
if you have issues, open a new thread and tell us more…

Taifun

Instead of file picker extension i was thinking to use activity starter to pick files, so can you tell me how can i pick files using activtiy starter?

see here App Inventor Tutorials and Examples: Pick a file | Pura Vida Apps
to use an extension would be the smarter choice…
Taifun

Yes you are correct, can you create a tutorial in which we can pick files and upload to drive? I already saw some tutorials of your where it is explained how to upload a file to drive but many are having issue in picking file and uploading, so it’s a request to the great taifun to create a tutorial on this soon​:grin:

really? Currently I can see only you who has issues… :wink:
you are now into this subject… what about putting everything together you learned from the different threads and then the great @Soham_Shah providing a tutorial for everyone?

Taifun

I have not found the solution yet…so how can I make a tutorial
:thinking:

which part do you have issues with?

1. picking a file
  1. uploading a file to Google Drive

just put both together…
Taifun