FileChooser Extension (PAID)

Hello, Makeroiders!
Today, I want to introduce my third paid extension. It is called “FileChooser extension”. Extension has a built-in file picker, so there is no problem, if phone doesn’t have a File Manager app. Extension shows a dialog with either File Picker or Folder Picker. It depends on you. Please read FAQ & Notice before purchasing extension.
P.S: Don’t think, that I will make only paid extensions. I am making a new free extension, just wait for it.
SCREENSHOTS

File Picker Dialog

Folder Picker Dialog

File Picker Dialog (Filtered to show only .png & .jpg files)
BLOCKS WIKI

FilePicked: event that occurs after picking a file, returns path to the file as a parameter.
FolderPicked: event that occurs after picking a folder, returns path to the folder as a parameter.
PickFile: used to open file picker. Requires title argument (title is being shown on the top of the file picker) & filter argument (filters, which file types should be shown. This is optional argument).
PickFolder: used to open folder picker. Requires title argument (title is being shown on the top of the folder picker)
FAQ
What type of data filter argument takes?
Filter argument takes data in csv list form, in this case to filter .png & .jpg images, you would have to set filter to .png, .jpg
Where is your free extensions?
Please wait, my next extension will be surely free, so just wait a few days.
Is there any library being used for this extension?
Yes, this extension indeed is using a library.
How do you provide help?
For users, that bought extension, I will be providing premium support, meaning absolutely all questions of yours will be solved, I will clearly try to help to all of you, as best as I can & as soon as possible.
PRICE
This extension cost 10$, but if you want you can donate more.
TERMS OF USE

• You are buying a digital product and agree to the No Return, No Refund Policy.
  • This is a single user license for you as Makeroid developer, which means, the extension (aix file) is only for you to use. You are not allowed to pass the extension (aix file) to someone else. In case you are interested in a multiple user license, please contact me by private message.
  • There are a lot of different Android devices available in the market. I’m not able to test the example on all these devices and therefore also can not guarantee, that the example is running on your device.
  • THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

BUY NOW
If you are interested in buying this extension, please send me a private message. I will send you a PayPal link with other details. Also, I will give you a test application.

NOTICE

:warning: FolderPicker allows users to pick a folder, but users still are able to pick files within a FolderPicker.

EXAMPLE VIDEO

12 Likes

How can i get this extension ? is it free or paid ?

Hello, this extension is paid (10$), when I was talking about free extension, I was talking about my upcoming extension “Image Print extension”, which is currently out.

thanks but we can do the same using activity starter as well :slight_smile:

Actually no, your app will just crash, because 70% of phones, don’t have a file manager preinstalled or it does not support intents…
Please read this: Open file picker form my Android activity - Stack Overflow
Also, if this is possible with activity starter, what’s the point of asking about this extension? :thinking:

hey @Ben
i was not aware about the fact that file manager is not pre installed available on 70% devices .
Thanks for info :slight_smile:

1 Like