Firebase Storage | A Guide for Beginners

So, just to be clear… I need to have firebase_database and firebase_storage on the same screen?

You can use both of them Organic Gary.

Hi and thanks lot TimAi2!
I’ve tried your solution, but i can’t see if it is right because of this error when starting

Since i am an absolute begginer, i don’t know how to solve the error

All tips will be warmly appreciated!

I guess you are using Firebase Authentication and the issue may be related to Firebase Authentication

Thanks again, Chirubot!

I don’t know enough about Firebase Authentication and so, what is the related matter with my project
I’ve already read some times about your before suggestion, this one → Firebase Authentication - Kodular Docs
but i don’t still know what is the problem and so, what to start to do about :pensive: :thinking:

So, please, any link for absolute begginers with description and examples?
It will be warmly appreciated for me!!

Excellent guide. I liked it and it is well explained.

:blush: :blush:

Thanks Alaqmar for your answer

To Alaqmar and Chirubot and whoever that can help me:

I’m still quite confused, because of i don’t want the users to log in and sign up into my app.
I just want they to open my app and just run it, nothing more…

My problem appeared when i wanted to load my images to Firebase Storage instead the phones of the users. From there, the error messages what i’ve indicated in my messages before.

I’m keeping on answers.
Regards!

Hi Ciagarroq.
I read your error message once again and now I think that you are storing the images on your own servers via Firebase. Is that so?

1 Like

Thanks Alaqmar

Yes, i am storing images and audio files in Firebase Storage.
But i am not using all of them by now, just the one i tell you here

Since i tried this tip:

then i put this link in Realtime Database as the value for my tag in my project

https://firebasestorage.googleapis.com/v0/b/parejasara-ee08d.appspot.com/o/aplauso3s.wav?alt=media&token=d743fcce-6a38-4bd7-80ef-bb3fd57b4e79

And it gives the error i mentioned

So, what next to do, please?

Regards!

Where is this in your url ? Or are you simply storing files in your root folder ?

The error message you see is to do with how Kodular connects with Firebase - (configuration). Search the forum for the answer.

thanks again TimAi2
(edited)
I inserted projectBucket>%2F in my mentioned link and it is the same error.

Concerning how Kodular connects with Firebase (configuration), I’ve already read guide-how-to-use-firebase-authentication-on/80436
but as i said before, i think it doesn’t help me cause i only want my users to open my app and just run it, nothing more… so no need signing up methods. I only need to store my files in Firebase Storage
(edited)
I think i’ve noticed at last! what is the Firebase Storage purpose, it’s for uploading files from users, not mine ones to set up the app…
So, I’m going to try to store my files in my dropbox and link them in Realtime Database (thanks again for the hint TimAi2)

Many thanks in advance for any help
Regards

Hi there.

At present, i’m trying to get some solution by storing in Cloudinary, that’s why i started another topic in the forum.
But in the meanwhile i get that, i would like to read here any tip for my trouble, about how to store my images in Firebase Storage and save their links in Realtime Database for using in code blocks

I beg your comprehension because of no one of the methods i am trying is working at all.

Thanks lots in advance.
Regards!

If you really have given up all hope of getting a working solution using the built-in Firebase components… I can offer you an alternative solution just using the web component. It will take some work and concentration to get it setup, but it works.

Thanks TimAi2

I’d like to know what is the difference between your advice and my idea which i’m asking for help (and not found yet)
I mean, why is your tip better than other? :thinking:
Remember, please, i am an absolute begginer here :relieved:
Thanks again.

It uses Firebase

I didn’t say it was, just offering an alternative

I’m not getting it, there must be a misunderstanding, I’m using Firebase…

you said you were using cloudinary…

Yes, i said that, but before, one month ago, i asked for help about using Firebase Storage with Realtime Database what i was already using that moment, even i got some tip from you TimAi2

Later, i wrote i hadn’t got any progress with tips from Chirubot and yours, so two days ago i said that i was trying Cloudinary like an alternative (i wrote i had started another topic in the forum.)
This is the link to my opened topic about Cloudinary -> How to code blocks with the link for an image stored in Cloudinary?

In addition i tried to link some file rightly from my Dropbox…

And now i haven’t got any success from no one method

So, I’m still asking for help to get images for my app from any storage and rightly coding my blocks

Thanks in advance for any tip from whoever will want to help me.
Regards!

Good luck then :+1: