Fixed vs. Responsive

I have an app that I test with a Samsung S8. I tested it on a Samsung S9 and the sizing was similar. I tested it on a Samsung Tablet and the Checkboxes were undersized as well as the Title/Logo and text.

So I clicked on the Screen1 Fixed/Responsive setting to Responsive. I moved stuff around and reset the Checkboxes and got them the way I wanted, then looked at it on the S8 and everything was way too big. :unamused:

So I set up everything, including the logo and title to look good on the S8. Then I looked at it on the S9, which should be very similar and the size for everything was blown up too large. :exploding_head:

I reset the Fixed/Responsive back to Fixed, but the S9 still shows up too large. It is as if it is completely ignoring the Fixed setting. :anguished:

Any ideas as to what’s going on? How do I get my app to look the same on different devices? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

As always, any help is greatly appreciated. :smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the pointer, ramrajput200021! I don’t know why I couldn’t find that doc. :drooling_face:

After watching all of that video at least once and some of it twice, I set up a test project that still does NOT do what one would expect. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Here are the blocks and the results:

The S8 screenshot:

The S9 screenshot:

As you can see, the font size is too large on the S9, causing letters to be cut off. :roll_eyes:

I’ve included some Designer screenshots here:
Screenshot from 2020-10-19 14-41-19

Screenshot from 2020-10-19 14-42-01

Screenshot from 2020-10-19 14-42-35

I’ve used the same code with similar results selecting “Fixed” or “Responsive” and I’ve also tried using straight percentage sizing with no joy.
My blocks should be a good way to ensure responsiveness, no? :thinking:

Any ideas or comments are welcome.

I think the width percentage of arrangements should be higher than the components’ inside of it.

Thank-you for your reply, WatermelonIce.

OK, I made this as simple and straightforward as possible. :smile:

As you can see, the button width is a percentage of the Horiz. Arrangement. The text still displays much larger on the S9 as it does on the S8. The S8 and S9 are almost identical in width…the S8 width is 360 pixels and the S9 is 411 pixels. But the S9’s button text wraps around because it is so much larger, which of course, defeats the purpose of Responsiveness. :unamused:

Screenshot from 2020-10-19 17-27-43

What about using Width Percent?

Thanks for your reply. :smile:

I did try that. Using width percentage and a fixed font size produces the same effect, unfortunately.

I would like to suggest this:

Ignore if u already saw this video

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve seen this video several times. But it’s always a pleasure to watch again because there is simply no better way to produce video tutorials like this.

It takes several days to create a video of this quality. Will we ever see again videos like this from someone else? I have little hope …

1 Like

Um, I have to apologize. :pensive: I develop and test on my Samsung S8. I only test occasionally on my wife’s S9. Turns out, she had increased the font size on her S9 without mentioning it to me. :roll_eyes:

So my posts in this thread were bogus and I wasted y’alls time. :cry:

But I learned a lot. Thanks for the replies! :hugs:

1 Like

Try

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.