[FREE] Custom Indicator - An Extension to create dots indicator with a lot of customization

Custom Indicator

Hello everyone, As you know I have already published a Dots Indicator extension but I am launching this one new because I have lost my extension sources that’s why I have not updated it. Also it has a total 8 animation styles or dots transfer animation and it is much customizable than previous one. And due to animations that I used in this extension need different version for Androidx and android support library so some change need some changes in package that why I cant update previus one.

Thanks @msr79526 for sponsoring the extension​:smiley:

Let see some block and their documentation.

All Blocks

Properties

Animation Styles

There are total 8 animation styles or dots transfer animation. you can head to the Preview section for seeing the preview of these animations

Orientation

This time I have implemented the orientation too. i.e, Vertical and Horizontal

Documentation

component_method(1)

This block create the dots in given layout in in parameter with quantity in total parameter. Once the dots is created you can recreate them. For recreating them you need to remove all the created dot with the help of Delete block.

component_method(2)

This block remove all the created dots and then You will be able to recreate them.

This block return a list of all available animations style

component_method(3)

This block set the selected dots for given index. Index starts from 1.

component_method(4)

This block set the index with a progress value. What is progress? The progress defines the progress of dots. In simple words if you give a value of 0.5 then the dots will not be selected or transferred whole it will be transferred half. Progress value must be between 0 to 1 in float. Currently this block is Deprecated.

Using Property

Now there are some property blocks You can use them for customizing the dots or you can set the value directly in properties.

Animation Style

Using Blocks

This block set the animation style that you want

Using Property

Radius or Size

Using Block

This block set the radius of the dot circles. Note:- It is not the corner radius of the dots. It decide the size of the dots. It is the radius of circle dots.

Using Property

Unselected Color

Using Block

This block set the unselected dots colors or inactive dots colors

Using Property

Animation Duration

This block set the animation duration or duration that will be taken by dots while transferring to next or given index

Using Property

Stroke Width

Note:- This is only applicable when the animation style will be set to Fill otherwise it is not applicable

Using Block

This block set the stroke of the dots. Note:- It is only applicable to Fill animation otherwise it wont work. There is not stroke color property it will be decide by unselected color of the dots.

Using Property

Get Index

component_set_get(1)

This property will return the current selected dot index

Padding

using Block

This block set the padding of dots indicator. It is gap or distance between each dots.

Using Property

Selected Color

Using Block

This block set the selected dot color or the active dot color

Using Property

Orientation

Using Blocks

this block set the orientation of the dots. If orientation will set to Horizontal then the dots will be created horizontally and if orientation will set to Vertical then the dots will be created Vertically.

Using Property

Usage and Preview

Let see How to use them and its preview

Usage

blocks(6)

You can create the dots with this simple block.
I am not going to provide the block of animation as there is same block for every animation. You just need to set the animation style by property or blocks.

Preview

Let see previews now

Color Animation

Color

Drop Animation

Drop

Fill

Fill

Swap

Swap

Scale

Scale

Slide

Slide

Thin Worm

Thin

Worm

Worm

Vertical Orientation

Vertical

Downloads

Donate

If you like my work then donate if you can :slightly_smiling_face:

Credits

Thanks to @Shreyash for his super Rush .

Suggestion and issue are welcome

If you like the extension then like the topic
Thank You All

44 Likes

Good Work @iamwsumit

2 Likes

Good Job :+1:

No words to express your efficiency and effort. What a brilliant extension… i hope all of the coders will use it.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

#off-topic

I think you are the only person who does not waste the lockdown time

3 Likes

For loading + slideshow indicator.

Add 2 in 1 in your title :crazy_face:

Great work :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thank you all

It would be pleasure for me​:innocent:.

There is no schools currently so spending the study time in koding. :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh yes, this did not come to my mind, it could be used for loading also.

You’re regular trust level koder. Edit my title as you like.

4 Likes

I think extension titles should be set by the developer. They are the developers and have the right over their title.

Up to you to change the title :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice extension :+1: , Keep :kodular:oding

grate extension :+1:

2 Likes

Nice extension :+1:t2:… I have a suggestion when we use the extension for multiple indicators with different colors and animations we will not be able to achieve it so if possible you can declare the params selected color, inactive color,padding and maybe id in the add block else we will have to add many custom indicators, hope you consider my suggestion

Why does everybody who uses Rush is rushing ??? :joy:

So you wanted it to create the indicator dynamically?
I was making this extension first dynamically but later I thinked that making dynamic indicator will not be good. As the indicator is just used to indicate the view pager and slider show related things. I don’t think any user will need to create more than one indicator in one screen that’s why I didn’t made it to create dots dynamically.

Definitely​:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.
Rush is a too good and now permanent for me. The thing I most like in the rush is that I don’t need to create androidx and support version seperatly. It do this own

1 Like

Good extension. Helpful for me
Can we set size of indicator?

Read the documentation, there is clearly written all things. :slightly_smiling_face:

Or if you’re asking about setting the size of full indicator then you can set padding for the width and for height you can set it by setting the height of your parent view.

ops :face_with_head_bandage:

Your extensions are so awesome + you’re releasing a new extension every week + your extensions are always free.
Respect ++ :pray:t2::pray:t2:

Wow Another Awesome extension
Thanks for giving it away for free​:star_struck::heart:

2 Likes

Good work :+1:

perfect :heart_eyes: I love it

1 Like