[FREE] ScanView -ZxingView Version 2- Extension

Hey, @Silver
I tried to update the extension my project, but unfortunatly it didnt work.
So I created a test apk to check, still the same.

Here are Blocks and Apk

Apk : BlondeScarletHalibut (2).apk (5.4 MB)

Can someone test the apk and post your feedback.

Note: Allow Permission Manually.

One Suggestion : In this version there is a blue area near scanner, unlike the previous version. If possible then please change it :upside_down_face:

Great job!) I agree that the blue color should be changed to white or given the opportunity to think on your own

1 Like

Thanks for the upvote @SlavaSeven

Is the extension working, have you tired it ?

@Silver as you know, you should follow the name conventions.

3 Likes

thank you @WatermelonIce
@Silver see also here

Taifun

2 Likes

@themaayur
You have to ask for CAMERA permission and grant it to your app, I can ask for CAMERA permission from inside the extension, but I felt to leave this option for the koder, and regarding the blue color around the scanner view, I will add new blocks for controlling it’s color and opacity and other blocks for fully controlling the scanner UI.

@rizu
The error is fixed now, in two days I will post version 2.1 with issues fixed and full blocks for controlling the scanner UI.

@Rogerio_Rios Thanks :tulip:

@WatermelonIce @Taifun Thank you for reminding me, it will be fixed :tulip:
@Peter Done! :thumbsup: :tulip:

2 Likes

I know that, I have given that permission manually in the test apk.

But still it dosen’t detect the qr even it’s inside the scanner area.

Did you tried my test apk ?

This would be great !

I tried the apk posted by @themaayur.
For me the camera’s focus keeps on changing without any result.

2 Likes

@Vaibhav try the attached aia file, there is a block named SetAspectTolerance, it accept a float value from 0.1 to 1.0, for some HUAWEI devices it needs to be set to 0.5 for the best results. The default value for this block is 0.1.

1 Like

I don’t know why you aren’t replying to me.

Anyways, Is it necessary to use that block and what does that does. Can you explain.
I think the previous version was good and easy to use :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ok let me try. I will update you here with the result

1 Like

sorry @themaayur I missed your reply, regarding your posted apk in your last reply, I’ve tested it and it works without any issues, but you may want to try enlarging the scan area a little bit, using a scan area that small is not recommended I suppose :grin:

The first version needs android api 21 or above to work probably and there were alot of issues reported from more than android version and device, I fixed alot of issues but at last I opted to change the whole code, I’ve tested this version thoroughly and no issues where reported till now.

and for the SetAspectTolerance blocks is not necessary, it is only there for some old HUAWEI devices.

Beside the new UI controlling blocks, there will be a block for controlling the scan view aspect ratio.

it will be posted tomorrow, stay tuned!

1 Like

Hello, @Silver When I live test your attached aia, it crashes the companion but the built(apk) works like a charm :smiley:

1 Like

This extension is not working in Companion :face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

It does not work on my phone, the camera itself does not turn on, you need to add another block permission to use the camera

blocks

In case you are using @themaayur’s, did you read this :point_down:

Also try the aia given in the original post

2 Likes

Okay, got it :cowboy_hat_face:
Waiting for next update, thx :blush:

1 Like

use these blocks only after the permission has been granted

Taifun

5 Likes

This error is fixed in ScanView v2.1 update, and you can also use Kodular Barcode Scanner in the same project with ScanView extension.

Note : The latest version of Extension (2.1) breaks the previous blocks, so you need to completely remove the extension and add it again.

2 Likes