Generic Discussion about Kodular Premium

hay guys don’t just run for free free

Kodular is not some charity organization, they too need to earn. they too have to pay bills.

So it’s better to earn more and pay then rather than earn nothing.

I support Kodular Premium but with AdMob + Bidding

5 Likes

What happened to the Free forever thing? Why and How could we trust the Kodular staff? This move looks like a fast collection of money with unrealistic promises before disappearing. It has already happened with other compilers (i.e. Sketchware). Users have already invested with a lot of time to learn this Free forever tool. Reporting bugs. Developing extensions. I was waiting for a solution to a crucial bug so long that I started looking for another compiler. I found it. It’s a Premium plan. But it already works in the Free plan too. I hoped that a new Kodular update would solve the bug but…Surprise!! We are forcing users to pay what the users supported, advertised as Free Forever. We promise plenty of upgrades as never before, we promise plenty of new features as never before just pay in 5 days as never before. Sorry, I don’t buy it as your promises de-facto are not really to be trusted. I’m coding just for fun during free time. It’s seems I’m not among your target audience anymore. I’ve found a great support in the Kodular Community. I can’t say the same about the Kodular staff. With regards and wishing you the best.
Battman

6 Likes

For all posts and users that state that this is just a way to increase our income, to get more money and earn more, I would highly recommend to check the following post (and discussion below):

6 Likes

No one forced you to work for free. But if you advertise something as Free forever than the users make decisions of investing based on your word/promise. The question was how much is worth your word/promise not how much is worth your work at Kodular? The limits to you set to the “free” version answer to that question. You may ask yourself how much is worth the users’ contributions to the developing and advertising of Kodular.

6 Likes

And we totally understand those critics, as well as complaints regarding Kodular development activity during these past months. That is why we want to change that back.
I’m not saying that the problem is that worked for free. But what we won’t allow are comments that just say that this Premium plan is a move for us to earn more, which is not true. And that is really annoying.

4 Likes

Look here what others say about this coming update.

Poll for kodular Premium

Dear Diego:
I understand that to do a good job you have to get paid for it. I also understand that in order to have good services, the community has to make an effort and pay for it. but equally I think you have a lack of credibility and trust and I think that the best thing you can do is present a clear, realistic and credible plan for the future. In this way, it is sure that the payment of Kodular premium is more than justified. I see the price that you have set quite reasonable seeing other platforms.

2 Likes

I’m glad someone else also exposes the issue of credibility and trust too. The funny thing is that the Kodular staff keeps saying us that the Premium plan is not a move to earn more. What is it when you have to pay something that before was free? Are you kidding? And if you do not earn more with the Premium plan than something is wrong with your vision or you are just playing around. With these premises I would be really worried about the future can offer the Kodular’s developers.

5 Likes

Can we enable monetization on our earning app if we buy Kodular premium?

1 Like

Earning apps will not be allowed on Premium.

1 Like

The free ride is over, however unfortunate and frustrating that may be. Either Kodular (the company, not the staff) gets a return on its investment and as a bare minimum breaks even, or it continues to bleed money until it shuts down. If we want to keep it running and making money for ourselves then we need to start paying.

1 Like

Kodular for Education.
As you are considering discount for students, I’d like to suggest the following:
Let Kodular continue to be free, without limitations (number of projects or extensions) for educational purposes (both teachers and students). Monetization will still be a premium feature and will have a minimal impact in an educational scheme.
The MAJOR advantage Kodular gets from this is a growing community which have learned and practiced building apps in Kodular and therefore will continue using this platform and pay for it after their school years. In my opinion, it is a win win situation (and one that Apple, Google, Bootstrap Studio and so many more have adopted).

As to me, I had started building a course based on Kodular and now I am on Pause, waiting (and hoping) for Kodular to decide about discount for education.
Thank you.

9 Likes

This is probably the first sensible suggestion in this topic.

1 Like

This is actually what we are considering. We want to keep allowing students to access Kodular without limitations for free, and this “not-as-premium” plan is one of the options in the table.
Basically, it will be a mix of both plans as follows:

But nothing is defined yet, we are still considering different options.

8 Likes

I am happy with this step. But it would be better if there is no limitations for extensions in freemium plan. :pray: :blush:

2 Likes

And so this platform was a curve. it seems the time is coming when you need to look for another normal platform.

2 Likes

I am a little annoyed by these limits. I think you should make a desktop version that is unlimited in assets and projects. Or you could use the file storage api to save it as an aia and edit it, sort of like turbowarp, a Scratch compiler.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

14 Likes

Why kodular employees do this. After we learned to work on the site it became paid… The way of responding to user comments in kodular by some moderators is absolutely inappropriate. I know there is nothing wrong with this comment. But someone will delete the comment because they only want to read what they like

5 Likes

So, Kodular team has nothing to say about the communitysuggestions?
Nothing about the 5 days period to adapt or about the extensions limit?

4 Likes