Google Play Console Question about Creating production release

I uploaded a new version of my app with ad component inside. It was uploaded But google play console told me this:

"## Some information about your app is incomplete

You must remove the request for location permissions from your app if your target audience only includes children under the age of 13
Go to app content"

Then I edit my app and removed the coarse location permissions. but when I tried to upload new version without location permissions but it says

"Error
You must remove the request for location permissions from your app if your target audience only includes children under the age of 13"

and doesnt allow me to put my new version into production.

What should I do? Change target audience first? Then upload new version? but it can be refused because the app is for children its obvious from its screenshots and graphics.

What kind of app is it? It seems that you’re trying to target minors and you are not allowed to ask for location permission from a minor.

Its an educational app for kids. But when we add ad component it contains coarse location permission. I removed it by editing AndroidManifest.xml but I cant make it into production.

You may like posting your app here for a check.

Btw, where are you from?

I was uploading my apps after editing AndroidManifest.xml until this app. I was removing coarse location permission. But this time I forgot to edit. Google doesnt want any kids apps which are collecting information. Ok I removed but I cant install. I from Turkey.

Have you tried checking the permission list your app requires now?

I did. the new version permissions are

4 common

android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE, android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE, android.permission.INTERNET, android.permission.VIBRATE

Add this to manifest and try if works.

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION"
tools:node="remove" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" 
tools:node="remove"/>

I saw many people facing this issue in google search.
Its a problem occuring from google itself.
I changed target audience and collecting data issues from app content.
Now I uploaded my new version without location permissions. Its in review now.
If it will go online then I will change target audience to kids. I will update when I get news.

Targeting to kid audience is quite difficult than normal age ones because of google parental policy as google make their kids section is so secure for kids.
You have to hustle and keep updated with kids policy.

Which ad network you used for it ??

Kodular default ad components. I had many difficulties because of the startapp sds. It was not a member of google family program. but now new ad manager system is a part of google family program. its just difficult to remove these permissions in every update. decompile apk, remove permission, make apk to aab. long process.

Startapp is not good ad network for child policy. And many apps which target child audience didn’t put ads on their app but you can put ads like Admob etc.

Yes it is difficult :persevere: but for getting something you have to give something. No pain No gain

1 Like