How to jump to a specific component in a scroll arrangement?

I searched the community and found several hints and threads, but I need a tiny explanaition, how to use the scroll handler to go to a specific component or label or image after clicking a button or some other triggers.

I do not understand how to extract the position in pixels of the component I want to go.

I want to go to a specific component within the scroll arrangment I registered.

Extension component tools -> get Y.

Maybe you can try adding height of all previous arrangements.

Drag animation utilities component. And you’ll find these blocks:

There are also some other blocks like Get top position and Get bottom position too.

Thanks for your replies. I think this could really help.

But it does not work, the arrangement does not scroll at all. I tried every solution. So the problem must be somewhere else.
Here is my .aia maybe I missed something crucial?
testcenter.aia (45.7 KB)

I apologize, but I’ve had this problem for a long time. Is there any way in Android to jump to a certain position in a scroll arrangement using code, for example if this position is called up by a button and the scroll arrangement is only then made visible?

Imagine that you basically want to display the entire period of the dinosaurs vertically in a timeline. But if you now click on the Tyrannosaurus, you should jump straight to the Cretaceous period, which, however, is within the entire scroll arrangement below the Jurassic and before Palaeogene.

I ask for support.

By the way: If I select the component “Label” in the Scroll Handler and as “Scroll To” (regardless of which label within the scroll arrangement), the position sY is always 6.

Maybe this post might help you

1 Like

Ok I did not make a mistake, but I failed to test it via .apk. In the installed application it works fine, but in companion it doesn’t. But I have to say that this is a little bit annoying to compile after every single step to test.

In the future, I will first test everything 100% before I open a topic.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.