How to remove parenthese return firebase

Hello, I’m having a problem when I return a value from firebase and want to add up with a value that is already in the error application. I believe it is because it is returning the number along with relatives (2) as I remove this parenthesis and leave 2.

Actually those means that this is a list.So you can select items from them using select list item block.So can you show as your blocks?

2 Likes

You can’t add strings.Only numbers can be added.If you want to join them use join block :wink:

1 Like

Label 6 is a number, I’m doing a points system. the value of qr code is a number I wanted to sum qr code value plus label value 6

@Ficher_TM use string operation replace to remove parentheses.

Or

Make a list with the data received and then use the item of the list.

1 Like

can you show me how do I remove the parentheses?

Use replace all block. in the text category.

1 Like

@Ficher_TM

you can use one of these two methods to remove parenthesis:

1- if the value from Firebase Got Value event is in form of a list you can use select list item block to remove the parenthesis.

selectlistitem

• feed select list item block the value variable from Firebase Got Value event as the list and with number 1 as the index input.

2- if the value from Firebase Got Value event is in form of a text you can use segment block to remove the parenthesis.

segment

• feed segment block the value variable from Firbase Got Value event as the text input and with number 2 as the start input and the length of your value variable minus number 2 as the length input.

be aware that if **value** variable is a list with more than item method 2 will not work and you have to use **select list item**.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.