Icon Select Tool - Find/Pick icons for your apps

If you have difficulties for searching icons to in your project, then this tool for you.

I’ve made a Windows app to choose Material Icon in your projects. So you will be able to find the icon you are looking for in your project.

Features

• Import your own icons with your own icon font.
  • Built-in Material Icons.
  • Search in the list. (with name or with index)
  • Sorting A - Z or Z - A.

This tool is NOT ONLY for Material Icons. It can be any font which includes icons.

Requirements

• Icon Font installed on your computer which you want to see in this tool. (if you want to search icons from Material Icons font, then install Material Icons font on your computer.)
  • A device with a Windows operating system.
  • .NET Framework 4.6.1 or up (Because I coded with C# language in Visual Studio.)
    Most computers come with built-in .NET Framework, so install only if this tool is not working in your device.

Download

You need to install Material Icons font for use Material Icons in this tool.
MaterialIcons-Regular_0.zip (57.1 KB)

This is normal, you may have doubt that this file is malware. But this is not malware. This is the report:
VirusTotal Report (1/66)

Download from here:
Icon Picker Tool - Yusuf Cihan.zip (145.4 KB)

This tool may have few features or bugs, so don’t forget to give feedback to improve this tool.

15 Likes

Is this MDC? If so I know how and the idea of where you got it from.

3 Likes

No, :sweat_smile: I just wanted to make like Material. I used empty labels with background color.

4 Likes

…and yes, Textfields :grin:

4 Likes

Only few know what that means :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

:joy: It’s funny how he still likes Textfields :joy:

4 Likes

He will newer stop doing that :joy:

3 Likes

The others here be like “Are this 3 man crazy? What are they taking about?”

3 Likes

Sooo true :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

I opened it and it came to me :frowning: , I did nothing but unpack, I want to use material icons.

3 Likes

Didn’t you read to install the Material Design Icons on your computer, download it then open the TTF file and press Install then wait.

5 Likes

Yes, @Soft_Darsh you need to install font before using this tool. I will make a wizard or something to make easier doing these steps.

3 Likes

Umm, no. I won’t stop doing that. :grin::joy:

Because Textfields is a rare component which most apps don’t have. And I’m using in everywhere Textfields instead of Textbox. :grin:

3 Likes

V1.1

• Save Settings
    I added Settings properties for saving settings even you close app.

• Easier Importing Icons
    Importing icons is easier than ever. Just select what you need. This tool will help you to use custom icons and/or custom icon fonts for this tool.

• Swap Colors
    You can swap the color of the icon you selected (between black and white)

Just click empty area of panel.
    swap

• Copy Icon Name
    As you can see, I removed “Copy Icon Name” button.
    You need to click icon (from Icon Preview section) to copy icon’s name.

4 Likes

I might be adding this for my Material Outlined Icons on an upcoming site of my own :wink: That actually deals with mySQL Database and real PHP, I’m starting to learn and I actually find it another easy language :joy: along with another thing itll be used for, not just for the Icons… Right now, I’ve made an account registration and signin system that works with email verification, this was based off a tutorial at first. I used very minimum to get to where I am today, I have an Admin Panel for only Admins, yes it detects things now, and I am implementing updating User Data from there. If youre not an Admin, it redirects you to the dashboard. Special!

2 Likes

How do we know its not?

1 Like

You can scan with your antivirus engine. As you can see in report, any popular AV engines detected this software as virus. Sometimes, some engines makes false decisions, also I don’t think I can make a virus in Visual Studio.

If you want to go deeper, there is a option in VirusTotal which shows assets / source of this software. So you can see what files included with this tool.

5 Likes

This is better tool

2 Likes

Nice tool @yusufcihan
But links not working…

Community storage system are changed recently and since this topic is created 7 months ago, links are not working. I could update it however I stopped working on this app.

Thanks for your understanding :slightly_smiling_face: