Image selection error

hello dear community

when i use image picker for selecting image and then set that picture to any component (image, button or etc.) it rotates image automatically. i tried to handle this action according to landscape or portrait option of image but it did not work. please help me. need the option to set profile picture of user with this method but it rotates the image(((!

as far as I know, this unfortunately happens on some devices, probably Samsung?
as workarond you could rotate the image manually using the Rotate method from the image extension, App Inventor Extensions: Image | Pura Vida Apps

Taifun

1 Like

My device is Xiaomi.
Every time when user change profile picture he will rotate image manually?((

34 views and no solution?(((

i am also on this and trying to get a solution, as soon as i get , i will inform you…

1 Like

probably the image metadata extension can help?
https://puravidaapps.com/metadata.php
for example like this: get the width and height from the metadata of the image and compare this with the width and height of the image
if both are identical, then the image is correctly rotated, else use the Rotate method from the image extension

Taifun

4 Likes

Which Xiaomi device exactly? And post a test aia with which the problem can be reproduced.

Kodular has also components to check if a image is in landscape or in portrait. And you can rotate them if necessary.

5 Likes

image editor is extension or Kodular component?

It is a component.

1 Like

i can not find it

It is in Drawing and animation folder.

are not we using same Kodular?))) or are you in beta?

No, this one has always been in Kodular.

Maybe it is because i am really really special :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

and why there is not that component in my palette?

I don’t know. Are there any other users with this problem? Maybe clear the cache of your browser and see if it appears. Or use another browser.

1 Like

I Have it