Is there a block limit?

In the application I have 14,000 blocks. Is there a maximum number of blocks per screen?
When i update the application i have to disable blocks as I create new blocks.

Thank you.

Hello, I need to collect a lot of data, I have all that data on one screen, … I will try to use several screens to solve this problem.
But is there a maximum number of blocks per screen? in appinventor this also happened to me but with a lower number of blocks.
Thanks for your answer.

There shouldn’t be a block limit, however it depends if your browser can handle such large amount of blocks.

Tips: you should find ways to reduce blocks as much as possible. And don’t use too many screens, or else it might cause errors. I would suggest at most 5.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, I will be doing tests.

Yes, there is a block limit. My project just reached 20’000 blocks and it can’t export anymore. I have tried sequentially deleting blocks in a copy of the project, and it succeeds in exporting the project with 18’000 blocks. My project in total weighs 13MB. Now the challenge is to delete functions that were essential for the project.

Too bad interms of builders poiny of view… Why don’t you procedure ot ny component to reduce thounsands of blocks…???

1 Like

Yes my friend. It’s a shame, since the blocks are like the code of the project. So, knowing that the code cannot be as long as you consider for your project, reduces the possibilities of free creation. Even, premium plan mention unlimited size of assets, but it is not true, I had 30 MB of assets, needed to delete 15 MB just to export and test.

Yes, I am working to delete some blocks, like 2000 blocks, two weeks of work.

1 Like

Looks like you didn’t read about Premium’s features and limits before signing up so it’s your own fault for believing “ unlimited size of assets”.

follow some basic programming principles like DRY - Don’t repeat yourself and use the advanced blocks

see here

Taifun

Thank you for your advice and guidance. Now I am looking for the error that causes me a YAIL COMPILER, due to having eliminated some blocks and assets. The connection with Companion works, but it cannot export. :sweat_smile:

Ok, I am new in this world, just learning. :wink:

Reduce the blocks, asset and screens, automatically it will start to export

Also make sure, There is no project within project

Ok, I will. Actually I only have 3 Screen and 5 extensions. No project within. In the first Screen I made all the project, The second one is just for reset (go in and out) and the third one to put little info. The project start to export, but in the middle show the alert YAIL compiler DX, I’ve already been through this, so it’s a matter of patience and enjoy :grinning:. So I will need to see all the way until to find the error. :wave:

you might want to post the complete error log here
Taifun

Kodular is unable to compile this project.
The compiler error output was
________Preparing application icon
________Creating animation xml
________Creating fragment xml
________Creating listview xml in res/layout/…
________Creating listview xml in res/layout-v21/…
________Creating xml in res/drawable/…
________Creating splash png in res/drawable/…
________Creating colors xml
________Creating styles xml
________Creating drawables xml v21
________Checking for firebase
________Creating provider_path xml
________Creating network_security_config xml
________Generating adaptive icon file
________Generating round adaptive icon file
________Generating adaptive icon background file
________Generating manifest file
________Attaching native libraries
________Attaching Android Archive (AAR) libraries
________Attaching component assets
________Invoking AAPT
AAPT time: 2.405 seconds
________Compiling source files
Kawa compile time: 5.969 seconds
________Invoking DX
YAIL compiler - DX execution failed.

Yes, according to @Boban you have “too much of something” in your project… reduce the blocks and follow the previously given suggestions
Taifun

1 Like

It’s done. Thank you all of you.
Finally I reduced the assets much more. From 15MB to 12 MB, and the numbers of blocks from 18’000 to 14’900. I’ve already export the app and scan the link. It is working. :grinning: :wave: :+1:

3 Likes