Is this many extensions too much?

Continuing the discussion from Can I have an app over 100MB?:

Sorry there was no way for me to reply :sweat_smile:, does this include extensions? My APKs seem to fail if I import a certain amount of extensions, but the APK only comes to be 6.6 MB when removing one that causes the issue. The extension I remove is only 153 KB, the other extensions are all smaller than this if I’m correct.

The extensions

• Secret #1: 7KB
  • Secret #2: 157KB
  • Platform from Device M: 11KB
  • Secret #3: 17.4KB
  • Dynamic Components: 23KB
  • Storage from DeviceM: 20KB
  • PackageOps from DeviceM: 2,606KB (Maybe this is causing it :skull:?) => 1,572KB… EDIT: I rebuilt with Proguard and it seems I’ve reduced the size by nearly 40%, I will upload it and see if I can import the other extension with a successful build.
  • Colors from DeviceM: 8KB
  • Total: 1.82MB or 1,815.4KB

Edit

Here’s the error I’m getting…
com.android.sdklib.build.ApkCreationException: Failed to add /tmp/{long number}/youngandroidproject/../build/tmp/classes3.dex

More logs…

________Invoking AAPT
AAPT time: 0.772 seconds
________Compiling source files
(compiling io/kodular/{username}/{project}/Screen1.yail to {package name}.Screen1)
(compiling /tmp/runtime{long number}.scm to com.google.youngandroid.runtime)
Kawa compile time: 1.45 seconds
________Invoking DX
DX time: 6.78 seconds
________Invoking ApkBuilder
com.android.sdklib.build.ApkCreationException: Failed to add /tmp/{long number}/youngandroidproject/../build/tmp/classes3.dex
YAIL compiler - ApkBuilder failed.

Edit

According to a different topic, it’s because two extensions are using the same library.

Yes, see here:

1 Like

Hello everyone,

After removing the extension with a duplicate library I am still unable to build… I even removed other extensions and it still won’t work. I downloaded the AIA and even checked the assets to make sure it was removed and it was. Since I can’t seem to locate the issue, I will restart my project and keep a close eye on the extensions that may use duplicate libraries.

what about mentioning the extensions you are using which are incompatible?
this would help others much more than just saying

Taifun

1 Like

They do not have any libraries and they work in another project together.

EDIT: I believe Secret #3 had the same library as what I was trying to import. I removed every extension and it still wouldn’t build. Plus, the project was bloated with useless things such as blocks that I could simply write an extension for (like I am doing now)… But me creating this extension will make it so I don’t have to use the other extension that was causing errors so now it will be one extension with the library.

The reason I had not disclosed these extension is because they are not yet public, so it really wouldn’t help anyone anyway :man_shrugging:

Alright @Diego I added a new extension that DOESN’T contain the same library as any extension in my project and I’m getting errors again.

I’m tired of moving from library to library in my extension and removing extensions from my project just to see what is causing it. I continue to get the same error and there’s no detailed explanation as to why.

Edit

I’ve isolated the issue to be with my Storage extension, but once again there are no libraries in it. When I add the Storage extension it will fail, but when I remove it, it will succeed?

Which extension are you talking about?

The DeviceM extension, idk if the issue is available in the public build though.

Please post a link to this extension?

It’s fixed?!

I still have yet to figure out what was going wrong because answers seem to be unavailable. My app does compile after changing the package name of my Storage extension, I’m unsure if it was a naming conflict.

I’ve also reduced the PackageOps size by 93% :partying_face: from 1010MB to 71MB!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.