Makeroid running very slowly and has high RAM usage

Yes I agree with this that makeroid on my laptop also takes a huge amount of ram which is not so in other app inventor distributions. So please fix this @Diego

Plus, I don’t think the tests done were made under the same circumstances…

Create a new project in both AppyBuilder and Makeroid, and see RAM usage with this and not with normal task manager

1 Like

i have 8gb ram Core I5 2gb Graphics . Is .Any thing More Need for use makeriod please help me

Please send us data using the Chrome task manager.

I have a 32-bit NVIDIA Tegra K1 SoC paired with 2GB RAM. Makeroid runs pretty well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think it also actually depends on Os also as i have a laptop 10 years old with windows 7 ultimate 32 bit 3 gb ram having intel pentium dual core in which the makeroid builder runs smoothly but i have currently buyed a new laptop with windows 10 home 64 bit 4 gb ram intel core i5 in which makeroid builder lags.

But @Diego if you see thunkable it also has many features and it also doesn’t lag on my old and new laptop both. Also I use google chrome.

2 Likes

And that doesn’t include properties, events or methods, or the required resources to load the Builder GUI…

1 Like

see this then

More features / components = More RAM usage.

Actually the main point is that makeroid builder takes so much ram which should be reduced as far as possible.
Also, now i have added 4 gb more ram to my laptop and now makeroid is not lagging.
So if you have 64 bit processor then using 8 gb ram with builder does not make it to lag.

Bro I Have 8GB With Core I 5 With gb Graphic NVDIA But Always lag .Sometime Its Run Good But Most Of the Time Is laging

But now with my laptop after adding 4 gb ram, makeroid is not at all lagging. My laptop has intel i5 8th gen, 8 gb ddr4 ram , 2intel gb UHD 620 integrated graphics, Windows 10 Home premium 64 bit, Google chrome

Take a deep breath. Take some time to fix your typos. Read your post once. Stop capitalizing every single word. Cheers.

If you have a bad internet connection then more or less it doesn’t matter how good your computer is.

I’ve posted a video not long ago how it looks to me, with all those browser tabs and other programs.

This has been under discussion in other communities as well…

Have you tried with Trace Route to see what’s happening and how good your response time is .
Below trace route Google.com

C:\Users\Boban>tracert google.com

Tracing route to google.com [172.217.21.142]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms router.asus.com [192.168.1.1]
2 1 ms 1 ms <1 ms gw2-no516.tbcn.telia.com [81.232.129.1]
3 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms fre-peer4-link.se.telia.net [81.228.91.209]
4 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms s-b5-link.telia.net [62.115.123.166]
5 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms google-ic-319323-s-b5.c.telia.net [213.248.103.67]
6 3 ms 3 ms 3 ms 108.170.254.33
7 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms 72.14.236.5
8 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms fra07s63-in-f142.1e100.net [172.217.21.142]

Trace complete.

C:\Users\Boban

/Boban

What about this.kichu to akta baper achea

Makeroid has more components and a heavy builder UI. Therefore it requires more RAM.

I have a raspberry pi 3b+ running Ubuntu MATE 16.4 with 987MB ram and at least it runs, somehow I can create apps, so I don’t think lag is a big problem for other with 4-8gbs of memory…

1 Like

core2duo + 4 GB RAM. Windows 7. 11 years old dell laptop.
Makeroid runs fine. Not perfect, but acceptable.

core2 dua 9 yrs old desktop 4 gb ram linux os works fine byt if i am creating big appps its acceptable hehehehe
mine too