Need help in creating ledger app

I want to create a very simple app to create ledgers and display report.

For exmple, User will input

Date,Name, Debit/Credit Amount

and on search function for a particular Name user can print report

Date, Debit, Credit, Balance

I think that will be simple ledger to be created.

I am very new to kodular so just need your suggestion to some video tutorial or some text tutoriasl where i can learn that simple way to do that.

1 Like

Try to use

1. Google sheet as database -
    refer here

2. An extension to print the layout

Refer 1

Refer 2

2 Likes

It’s not about being new to Kodular.
You need to know algorithm and programming logic.
Do you make a program in any programming language?

You will need to know how this routine works outside of a system (software) and you can try to do so.
Variables
constants
Accountants
accumulators
Conditional Deviations
Repetition Structures
Data storage (database)

You Tube will be a help and research here in the community.

You will have to know how many screens the app will need.
Usually each screen 1 or 2 routines
Entry routine for entries in the ledger : what will need to be released ? Date , Value , Description ? What components will you need for this input data? And after the user enters the data, what needs to be done?
And to search the entries of a certain date?
And change any entries in the ledger?
And delete any entry in the ledger?

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.

I already created accouting app in old vb6 and sql 2000 and know how to do programming. i just need few tutorial how to create

a) forms so user cna store data
b) how to create report to extract data
c) Most importan how to do balance of ledger in every step ,

A very good way to learn App Inventor or Kodular is to read the free Inventor’s Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps … the links are at the bottom of the Web page. The book ‘teaches’ users how to program with AI2 blocks.
There is a free programming course here Course In A Box and the aia files for the projects in the book are here: App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps
How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here: How do you...? .

Also do the tutorials Tutorials for MIT App Inventor to learn the basics of App Inventor, then try something and follow the Top 5 Tips: How to learn App Inventor

Taifun

You need to read @Taifun Taifun’s tips Forms are like IDE Desktop,(VB6 DELPHI VISUAL FOX PRO drag and drop ( textbox or edit box - no matter the component name) So you need to decide how to store the data - on the smartphone, on the web? On the smartphone you can use SQLITE, on the web you can use relational or non-relational databases (firebase for example) With relational databases you can look for examples here in the community: Taifun mysql or Juan mysql. These are examples with the Kodular blocks and PHP script needed to execute the INSERTS UPDATE DELETES SQL.