Need of + and - in some blocks

Hi,
In blocks like make a list, join block , if then block; if we need more spaces for more blocks to add like suppose in join block by default there are only two spaces to join blocks but suppose if i want to join approx 30 blocks then I have to click on settings of the join block drag and drop several blocks to make space for 30 blocks, why can’t we have simple + and - parameters, if + is clicked a space is created in join block, if remove is clicked then remove space and we can keep both the methods the settings which is already there and this + and - method. so whichever method the user finds appropriate he/she can use it… This applies for all blocks which work similarly like join block, make a list, etc

but make sure that adding and removing will work as “Stack” and will not be able to give you more controls as the native one :+1:

adding will ease the process and remove can be used to quickly remove last added and if someone need more , we have native one too :wink:

1 Like

yes that’s why i mentioned keeping both so whoever finds which method appropriate can use it

like this ?

yes, kind of so it will be easy to add if there are many to be added

Yes, I would like to have something like this too. We can have a (+) and (-) buttons on mutator blocks directly, instead of spending more time by adding/dragging/dropping inputs from mutator block menu.

To explain what we want exactly:

Also, you can post a issue on App Inventor GitHub repo about that as it is related to App Inventor.

3 Likes

Hi @yusufcihan and @Alamin_Shiakh if you support my idea then please vote

1 Like

This idea has been asked for long time ago. Everyone is demanding that :upside_down_face:

If you like the idea then please vote for it