Notification Listener for 3rd Party app

You can try AppToMarket by @Hossein.

3 Likes

Sorry, Iā€™m taking time because Iā€™m not JAVA Developer or Extension Developer. Someone Developing this extension for me but he is not App Inventor user. so he donā€™t know much how app inventor works. so iā€™m just trying to help him. I will share this with extension developer. Thank you Very Much.

Itā€™s OK. Both take your time to understand what you need to do :heart:.

Take a look at the example code in the Github Repository they give and try it.

3 Likes

For This Action,

We can use These Blocks:

android.settings.ACTION_NOTIFICATION_LISTENER_SETTINGS

Did you try it? I see that @hide in the AOSP will make it not possible to do this.

I have tried this and working perfectly. it just sending us to Notification Access

1 Like

Thatā€™s good! Did you add the permission to your extension?

But Main Problem is App is not Registered there to get Notification Access

1 Like

Not yetā€¦ I have messaged your suggestion to developer. he will try it.

1 Like

Thatā€™s maybe why itā€™s not showing up. Iā€™m gonna head off for the rest of the night, I have some Riverdale to watch and then Iā€™m going to bed. Good luck!

1 Like

Itā€™s Morning Here in India. and i think Developer is also taking Rest in Uganda. You also take rest Good Night (Its Feeling Weird but Because Sun Just Heading up here ). I will be here with update regarding this extension. Thanks
Iā€™m Also going to Sleepā€¦ :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless:

1 Like

I have added this in manifest.xml using Android Studio Editor v1.3.1 Potable

But Showing Error : Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at ā€˜labelā€™ with value ā€˜@string/service_nameā€™).
Where can i find classes file or where can i add service?

Should be replaced by the name of your service.

Below is how how itā€™s setup in the example you provided.
name = your apps Packagename
label = name of your Service

<service android:name="com.kpbird.nlsexample.NLService"
                 android:label="NLSExample<"
                 android:permission="android.permission.BIND_NOTIFICATION_LISTENER_SERVICE">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.service.notification.NotificationListenerService" />
            </intent-filter>
        </service>
3 Likes

Please Check This @Rubi_Alerts

Alrightā€¦ thanks for that

1 Like

eagerly waiting for the extension :wink:

We are Also Waiting for itā€¦ and Not just Waiting Eagerly Working on itā€¦ :sleepy: :cold_sweat: :cold_sweat:

1 Like

well, good luck guys

using this we have successfully registered Service Means. We got Registered in Special Notification Access.
But while reading Notification Showing Error = Error 908: The permission BIND_NOTIFICATION_LISTENER_SERVICE has been denied. Please enable it in the settings app.
Blocks

Manifest= add permission & NotificationListener Service

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.BIND_NOTIFICATION_LISTENER_SERVICE"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE"/>
<application android:debuggable="false" android:icon="@mipmap/ic_launcher" android:label="NotificationReader" android:name="com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.multidex.MultiDexApplication" android:networkSecurityConfig="@xml/network_security_config" android:roundIcon="@mipmap/ic_launcher" android:supportsRtl="false" android:theme="@style/AppTheme" android:usesCleartextTraffic="true">
    <activity android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize" android:name="io.kodular.arg6063.NotificationReader.Screen1" android:theme="@style/AppTheme.NoActionBar" android:windowSoftInputMode="stateHidden">
        <intent-filter>
            <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>
            <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER"/>
        </intent-filter>
    </activity>

<service android:name="io.kodular.arg6063.NotificationReader"
            	 android:label="NotificationAlertAccess"
          	   android:permission="android.permission.BIND_NOTIFICATION_LISTENER_SERVICE">
      	  <intent-filter>
            	<action android:name="android.service.notification.NotificationListenerService" />
       	 </intent-filter>
    </service>

<provider android:authorities="io.kodular.arg6063.NotificationReader.provider" android:exported="false" android:grantUriPermissions="true" android:name="android.support.v4.content.FileProvider">
        <meta-data android:name="android.support.FILE_PROVIDER_PATHS" android:resource="@xml/provider_paths"/>
    </provider>
    <uses-library android:name="org.apache.http.legacy" android:required="false"/>
    <meta-data android:name="Kodular_RCWTFYP-BYDNKHMWRIT-DNLATT" android:value="_5d30e7ec9c00c2bcb4372b4ff0e344a3.5d30e7ec9c00c2bcb4372b4ff0e344a3-1583503921~BhwOa7EAHRjKwTCGFKYFvLKrRhgotPkn1chzEGT7K2sR7um0G1tJQ0NqUDuXxNWt_"/>
</application>
1 Like