Notification Listener for 3rd Party app

want to Read Notification from other apps when my app is open. can anyone here develop an extension for Notification Listener? This extension can help to develop so many new apps ideas.
Here is Source: How to read all the coming notifications in android - Stack Overflow

Also, I have one Android Studio Source Project Which reads WhatsApp Notification

4 Likes

@Ken Can you Please Help with this? Because This Extension can helpful for many new ideas.

Unfortunately this isn’t possible via an extension or at least I haven’t figured out a way to do it.

2 Likes

Is it not Possible When App is Open? Not in Background

@Taifun said here it is Possible. Maybe he has any Clue. This Source Also Suggested by Taifun

4 Likes

I found this Android Studio Project on Youtube
Android Studio Source Project: Dropbox - WhatsappMonitoring2.rar - Simplify your life
Tutorial: Short 3 Min. Tutorial

Credit - Ezra Ricad (YouTube)

Give it a try:

3 Likes

@vknow360 Nice! Are you a JAVA Developer?

I know some basic java :innocent:

So Please Try to develop This Extension using This Extension Builder IDE: AppyBuilder Code Editor

There is tutorial on how to build Extensionusing IDE and Source Code
Example :

Credit : Techy Sanjay & Souvik Bera

1 Like

I use appinventor sources to create extensions and already have knowledge to create extensions.
Thanks anyway.
But sorry I am quite busy in making an extension which will be released in the middle of the month.
That’s why I asked @Ken to give it a try.

I stand by my post :arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down:

4 Likes

@taifun can you Please Give it a try. You are only the last hope. I have done my 90% App but stuck because of Notification Listener Service… There is no other way to complete it.

This would be helpful for me to build NotifHistory

Please don’t shoot. On a similar note, could someone help show me how they handle services when building extensions. I’v’e tried using inner classes implementing the service but not sure that’s such a good idea.

2 Likes

We Reached at this Stage. Note: I Don’t Have JAVA Knowledge
Is required to add Manifest Permission in Extension? is it possible to add Permissions in Extension?
Capture

I got This Permission using Activity Starter: android.settings.ACTION_NOTIFICATION_LISTENER_SETTINGS

@vknow360 Also, Suggest Which Permissions are required. to read Notification of third party app.

android.permission.BIND_NOTIFICATION_LISTENER_SERVICE cannot be asked from the app itself because it must be defined with the <service> element by the android:permission attribute in the AndroidManifest.xml.

4 Likes

So is there any way to get this permission?

The problem is that I don’t think this can even be asked because Kodular adds services and elements with attributes to the AndroidManifest.xml after the app has been launched. There’s no definitive way as far as I know to do it. Even if you run the app and extract the .APK, it will still not work. However this can vary from situation to situation as I haven’t really went into much detail.

@akshay_gadekar However hope should not be lost. Define the permission in your extension @UsesPermissions("android.permission.BIND_NOTIFICATION_LISTENER_SERVICE"). When you build your extension, obviously upgrade it in your app and compile your .APK. It won’t ask you for the permission, but you should be able to find it somewhere. On an S7 Edge, you’d navigate like this Settings ~ Apps ~ 3-dotted Menu ~ Special Access ~ then Notification Access. You’d find your app there and enable it. I’m not sure if it’d work, but it’s a shear attempt at something good.

In the Manifest

It would all be defined as -

<service android:name=".NotificationListener"
          android:label="@string/service_name"
          android:permission="android.permission.BIND_NOTIFICATION_LISTENER_SERVICE">
     <intent-filter>
         <action android:name="android.service.notification.NotificationListenerService" />
     </intent-filter>
 </service>
5 Likes

have read somewhere. Decompile .APK and we can Modify AndroidManifest.xml is it workable?