Play Store API Error

see here

Taifun

Ok, but where do I change the targetSdkVersion?

you have to do it manually… read again the guide…

Therefore it is currently not possible to publish a new app in the Play Store unless you manually set targetSdkVersion to 30 in the decompiled APK.

Taifun

Hello guys, now I have a problem, my android is version 9, if I put it on version 10(API 29) to compile, it gives the error: “error analyzing package” and I don’t install the APP, on the other hand, google requires 10(API 30), how to solve this?

did yoyu search the community?
https://community.kodular.io/search?q=error%20analyzing%20package
Taifun

None of these situations suits me, since the error only happens if I configure it to use the “minimum SDK level” 10 (API 29).

meaning you phone’s api version is 28 and you set minimum app’s api 29. So how do you except to install such an app ? Set minimum api level to a lower value than your phone’s or just accept minimum value proposed by creator

3 Likes

But, if I use API 28 specific to my mobile, the APP is compiled and installed normally, however, when I use PLAY CONSOLE to create version, it generates the following error “At the moment, the desired level of your app’s API is 29 . However, this level needs to be at least 30 for the app to use the latest APIs, which have security and performance optimizations. Change the desired app API level to at least 30” and don’t build the version.

That’s the question, I’m practically in a BUG.

Why are they requiring API 30 if my phone can’t use it? There’s something wrong with that.

there is a difference between minimum API and target API…

minimum API should be as low as possible, so your app can run on as much devices as possible… and as you have an Android 9 device then you should set the minumum to at least the API your device is able to run it…

target API is 30 for new apps if you want to upload it to Google Play… you have to wait for the new Kodular version to be able to create an app, which targets API 30… or use the workaround

Taifun

2 Likes

Thanks, I’m already trying to use an alternative form.

I decided not to change it manually, I’ll wait for API 30 to be released.

When it will release. Expectations

1 Like

No one knows.

1 Like

Good news. And now, how many time need kodular to publish app with target API 30?

3 Likes

Let’s hope target API 30 will start soon since MIT has done its work waiting for goodies from kodular team!

2 Likes

Hello !

Still no news about this topic ?
Is Kodular give any date or not yet ?

So, any news ?

1 Like

Thx ! Good news !!!

1 Like