Playstore Policy Question

I used Activity Starter App component to send users to my Telegram Group but when i click on the button,It opens Telegram inside my App screen.

Activity starter block

Telegram open on my App screen

Does that violate Playstore Policy?

If all your app does is wrapping an existing function and adding advertisement without providing ANYTHING of value, yes, it would violate the playstore policy.

Looks like you don’t understand my question

Am directing users to my Telegram group to join n by using link But Telegram group opened right inside my App giving users options to join my group

Check the blocks screenshot pls

Looks like you don’t understand my answer.

If ALL your app does is wrapping an existing function and adding advertisement without providing ANYTHING of value, YES, IT WOULD VIOLATE the playstore policy.

I do not see anything that indicates your app does anything beyond showing advertisement and leading people to a website. You question was “does that violate the playstore policy?”

Do you mean leading users to a website without their knowledge and consent (a violation); or not doing anything but leading users to a website (assuming that users would know, since that would be the only thing that the app does, so why would they have it installed in the first place unless this is the advertised purpose?) which would violate the playstore policy.

1 Like

When the floating button is clicked
It takes the user to telegram to join my Telegram but am concerned with the way Telegram opened right inside my App

And where would it open? On someone else’s device?

On the same device (Telegram App precisely) That has my App
On the user who clicked the button device,(user who intend to join the my group)

You seem to be missing the point.
It could NOT open ANYWHERE ELSE, could it?

It will be only violated if your apps function is only showing telegram web view
else if showing telegram web view is a part of your app it will not violate

check the App and let know your opinion on the Buttons

Netnaija (1).apk (8.5 MB)

redirect the telegram link using google tab, it will forward the link and open the telegram on the user’s device without opening it in the application, but if the user has telegram installed, it’s practically an emulation of a deep link