RandomQuotes Extension - An Extension for generating all types of quotes

I am working on online version and offline version both available in single extension. Will upgrade this extension soon in a day or more.

I’ve made this extension when I was learning java Array & how to use YailList class. It will no-longer be udpated.

4 Likes

How many quotes are there in it?

Since it’s totally offline for now, it has more than 500 quotes altogether. After the update, it will have more than 2000 quotes offline and an unlimited amount of quotes online. Wait a few days for the new update. We are making a lists of Quote.

3 Likes

I can give you maybe around 45k quotes in xslx format. Shall i pm it?

1 Like

Sure…Thanks

Is this extension working on api?

no the developer added every quote in the extension

Hi ! Great extension!

Is it possible to add your own quotes, or do them yourself? And is it possible to do a translation in other languages?

Thank you !

How can i implement iny quiz app, connected with airtable?

Support french?

I guess no.

I’ve done this project months ago when I was learning java. Look like I have to update this extension to add online fetching and other functions.

Currently, This extension does have English quotes only. @lesly_shan @

2 Likes

@lesly_shan There are google translate extensions in the community that can help you to translate the quotes to any language

Regards

2 Likes

If you manage to make sure that we can add our quotes ourselves, in this case it will be perfect and it will settle the question of multi language! Thanks to you :wink:

2 Likes

In that case what will be the use of this extension? :face_with_monocle:
You can simply do that with dictionary.

2 Likes

Oh, I don’t know all the features yet, I will inquire about the dictionaries. Thank you !

So sorry if my question was stupid!

As I said, I have made this project when I was learning Java Array, Yailist etc…
So I think it’s better to make this open-source so that you can customize it in your own way.
Java File :
RandomQuote.java (19.8 KB)

How It Works:

1. I added different quotes in a java array
  2. Then I created a random number to the length of ArrayList and fetched a item from list
1 Like

I give you a suggestion, if you want improvements in this extension, make a github repo for it so that everyone can contribute and add pull requests,

regards

Thanks you :heart: very much

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer :slight_smile:

2 Likes