READ / WRITE External Storage Permission

Dear all,
I have tried the sharing component for an project but got an error when I try to share, as
Error 908: The permission WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE has been denied

To get rid of this issue, I am trying to give the permission from the user at the app start with below blocks.
But I think it will be really disgusting for the user when he need to give permission every time he log in to the app.

So my question is, is there a permanent solution to avoid this permission issue?

I have searched the community too, but didn’t find a solution yet.
Thanks in advance.

kodular

1 Like

Ya just use tiny db that when permission granted save it in tiny db…
So you don’t have to ask permission again & again.
@Kolitha_Dissanayake

1 Like

You can also use the Is Permission Granted block in Package unities
https://docs.kodular.io/components/utilities/package-utilities/#is-permission-granted

2 Likes

Thanks Alap,
So will it work if the user close the application & log in later?

1 Like

Thanks Watermelon,
Yeah I have tried that and found permission has not granted, then I tried with above blocks to give the permission manually.

1 Like

Wait… You should use `if not Is permission granted(YOUR PERMISSION) then Ask For Permission

1 Like

you may also read this, FYI asking multiple permission has been a problem.

3 Likes

If the user granted the permission it will not ask him again.

6 Likes

Yup it will work with that also.

1 Like

Thank you watermelon

Thank you, yes it seems it’s only one time asking for permission, even though I thought it will ask permission every time when someone log in :blush:

wow, this is great. thank you

Thank you Alapjeet

So did you find your solution in the post?
Can u show your block that made it work?

1 Like

Hi Watermelon,
I have kept the blocks still as the previous one as it seems the permission should be given only once as said by Alapjeet

kodular

Note: WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE is sufficient because it implicitly grants READ permission.

3 Likes

Thank you Anke,
That explains what I couldn’t explain :blush:

I have learnt a lot from you. Always appreciating your kind intervention!!! :+1: :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.