Screen record prevent

Guys! can i prevent my app users from doing a screen record of my app content?

I’m assuming you didn’t search the Community?

could’t download the one i saw by @cian

Unfortunately he and many other great people other of this community have went mysteriously missing. Until he comes back, or someone creates an extension replicating his, you can’t do this.

1 Like

Try this one:

2 Likes

Not many people seem to know about our Screenshot component, it has the feature you’re looking for :thinking:

Note

I would recommend that you use the in-built functions rather than extensions because

1. adding extensions will increase your app size
  2. extensions that have the same functions as in-built components can cause conflicts and possibly cause build issues.
8 Likes

It is the most effective component of my entire application (I use it in the internal CinelarTV player)

Prevent taking a screen shot is not what i want to achieve, am familiar with that component, rather am trying to prevent a screen record(making a video of what your doing on your phone)

1 Like

Can you do it?

This is the one am referring to, the one you did together with cian Disable Screen Capture on Demand . (Snapshot and Recording) - Extensions - AppyBuilder

Unfortunately if I did make this, it would take a while since I’m also working on other extensions at the time.

1 Like

Alright, but if you ever get a chance, maybe you could give it a try for me:slightly_smiling_face: thanks:+1:

1 Like

We’ll see how long it takes me to take my 3 others.

1 Like

It works the same way

@yanquisalexander But i just tested it, and i discovered that i can do a screen record of it’s content:slightly_smiling_face: but i can’t do a screenshot.

1 Like

Do you use a phone screen recorder installed by default?

That wouldn’t matter though.

yeah installed by default. it’s an infinix phone

FLAG_SECURE does not work with the manufacturer’s screen recorders (For example in some Samsung that can record Netflix without problem)

1 Like

Yeah because what happens is some apps end up putting content in Presentation mode like Snapchat Screenshot things, and it doesn’t tell the app someone took a screenshot or screen recorded.