Side Menu Questions

Hi, I’m new to Kodular. After playing for a while with MAI I’m now exploring if Kodular is a better match for my expectations. My first impression: once you’re used to the MAI IDE, it’s easy to get used to Kodular. I’m impressed by the large amount of features and the possibility to select different types of phones (which look more like the real thing than the one in MAI).

The first thing I’m trying is the Side_Menu. It works more or less. I’m getting my menu items, I can group them and I’m seeing the header picture. What I’m not seeing is the Header Title and Subtitle. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I tried to set the title in the designer and in the blocks, but neither of them shows any title in my App. I also tried using an image for each of the items (a small png file), but the image which is shown is a black dot or square, depending on the image. Are there specific requirements for those images? When I use that same image as header picture, that’s OK.
The other thing I’m missing is the possibility to have the menu button (the hamburger) on the right side of the screen title bar (next to the settings icon). Is this WIP?

You can find this on designer section.

Can you please post what you have tried?

You can show Menu button on Title bar.

Have you tried adding codes in the blocks section?

[quote=“Gilbert_Hersschens, post:1, topic:104193”]
I’m not seeing is the Header Title and Subtitle

You can find this on designer section.
[/quote]
I know. I entered some text there and it is not shown.

[quote=“Gilbert_Hersschens, post:1, topic:104193”]
neither of them shows any title in my App

Can you please post what you have tried?
[/quote]
See attached images (blocks and result on the phone)

Yes, I know, but I was hoping to be able to select another position for the icon. Meanwhile I’ve seen that the left side seems to be “Android Standard”. I can live with that.

I’m now exploring the title bar Icon. It only shows the first 2 items. I can understand that there is a limitation to avoid overcrowding the title bar, but it would be nice if such limitation is documented somewhere.

PS: the icons should look like this:

light_red

They are in white colour so u need background image to be black so u can see it

Yes, that works. Thank you so much.
Poorly documented; ;-(

Please Mark the solution to help others too. :grin:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.