Store 4 text in one tag value in tinydb (dynamically)

Hello coders,
Suppose I have four text’s loaded from airtable now i want to save them in tinydb like

Camel, desert, africa, sea

Now these four text’s i want to save them in tinydb in one tag, when I open app next day again, i want to see these four text in different labels but yes i want to set tag = (timedate)

Notice
These four value are from different colume in airtable because there are four columns in airtable and rows are 5. Now i want to save it dynamically in tinydb.

Thanks,

use a list and store the list in one tag in TinyDB

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select “Download Blocks as Image”. You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

I have No image because in my app my first thing will be tinydb storage to load it so i Don’t know how to store 4 value in 1tag.

Please can you explain me with images

your list has 4 items, which means you use 4 select list item blocks to select the first, second, third and fourth item

A very good way to learn App Inventor or Kodular is to read the free Inventor’s Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps … the links are at the bottom of the Web page. The book ‘teaches’ users how to program with AI2 blocks.
There is a free programming course here Course In A Box and the aia files for the projects in the book are here: App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps
How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here: How do you...? .

Also do the tutorials Tutorials for MIT App Inventor to learn the basics of App Inventor, then try something and follow the Top 5 Tips: How to learn App Inventor

Taifun

Ok, thanks I will try this

Have you tried with,

Call tinnydb store value
Tag ( tag name)
Value (make a list ) block ???

So it will save 4 value under one tag

While retrieve you can use select list item block.

Select list item list (call tinydb get value tag (tag name) value if not found (create empty list)
Index (between 1 and 4 ) you can use.

Want to store continuously multiple of 4 texts box value in tinydb under same tag or evrytime the previous value want to be overwrite?

If you use above method which will store multiple value in the same tag but every time the value will be over write

This block will continue to write in the tinydb in the same tag

What is the work of append to list block.

And what to Do If get value in three different label

Pls read the blocks…

The blocks suggested in the link will save the current values only in tinydb

The blocks added in the above post will continue to store value(append to the list) in the same tag.

I hope it will be better you to try in a separate screen or project to test the both method. And you can take up whichever method you want

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.