Store PDF in the application itself

you can save pdf to assets

1 Like

how to do that, could you show me in blocks ???

you can save pdfs in the assets of the app while you are developing the app as @nikzdreamer2001 already mentioned, however after building the app it is not possible anymore to modify the assets…

Taifun

i know where the asset is, but what i really need is: my app is a checklist, as soon as i finish a report it saves it in pdf in cel, and already shares it.
I need this saved file to go to another screen, where I can view all that I have already saved in the application

store the file in the internal sdcard, as already said earlier you can’t store it in the assets during runtime of the app…
and if you want to display that pdf in another screen, just display it there, where is the problem?
alternatively use only one screen, see also tip 1 here

Taifun

The problem is how to make it save on the other screen? because there I could see the pdf file and delete it if possible. Which block should I use? Sorry if I’m being a layman.

What exactly is your question? Probably “how to save some text as pdf”? Please elaborate.

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select “Download Blocks as Image”. You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

OK.
on the save button, this checklist goes up to the firebase

In the generate pdf button he creates the file and shares it

Now what I need: The generated PDF would have to go to another screen as a list, so when I needed to look at it again, it would be available there, and if I wanted to delete it, click on it and delete it.
Did you understand?

An example this screen below. But it would update as it saves the reports.
Sf I save 10 records, the 10 available there, unless I delete some.

You can create a hidden folder in device and store in the folder and show the files in the app and open when needed. I have a App which does the same.

These files are stored in hidden folder.

1 Like

could you give me the file .aia or photos of the blocks?

I can’t give give you the aia because this is a part of my project, I can help you with the blocks.

please can you help me with the blocks? Send pictures if possible. I’m out of ideas already

Good Morning. Can you help me with the blocks?

1 Like

I just PM you.

what is PM?

Private Message

You can see a green alert on top right corner just click there.

can someone help me on this issue ??

Hi Mayur

Can you share blocks with me as well pls I am facing similar issue… files created in a filder but not able to retrieve it to show a list.