Sum of textboxes

I have a screen that adds quantities to the text box. How do I put the sum of the number of text boxes on another screen with the total ?? Help-me

Just search the (welcome to the) Community. You my have to use TinyDB.

Yoshi

Hi, Welcome…

Also you can use open another screen with strat value component.
To send another screen the sum of the number of text boxes.

1 Like

I can’t find the component

Which component can’t you find?

If you are looking for the open another screen with strat value component you can find it in the Control section

2 Likes

I use it with what other components ??

With “get start value”
On screen with text boxes set
Open another screen with start value screenName > Screen2 (or screen you need open)
startValue > Sum of text boxes

Into screen 2 (or you screen)
With screen initizalizate set any variable > get start value

Could you show me this in the blocks visually ??

these are some very basic questions… what about doing some tutorials to learn the basics?

A very good way to learn App Inventor or Kodular is to read the free Inventor’s Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps … the links are at the bottom of the Web page. The book ‘teaches’ users how to program with AI2 blocks.
There is a free programming course here Course In A Box and the aia files for the projects in the book are here: App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps
How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here: How do you...? .

Also do the tutorials Tutorials for MIT App Inventor to learn the basics of App Inventor, then try something and follow the Top 5 Tips: How to learn App Inventor

Taifun

1 Like

It’s better that you try to do it by yourself if you face errors then post your blocks… We’ll help you

2 Likes