The lag about the blocks editor

Hello,

I need to suggest a solution for a serious bug on Makeroid. As you know, there is an important bug on the blocks editor that lags when there are so many blocks.

Please find a temporary solution to this problem.

or give us the option to use the old builder with a use the old version button at the bottom of the screen.

I can’t use the builder??

Can you tell the RAM usage of the Makeroid builder tab from Chrome task manager? Also the total RAM.

CPU: 110.4
RAM: 819 MB

Makeroid Builder Tab

RAM on my computer: 16GB

That’s quite high

Yep, I know.

Is it possible to fix this bug and release it in with a 3.0.2 update?

Because it’s quite important for me right now.

Looks like Sander wasn’t right while the previous build was on production.

Am I the only one still experiencing this issue on Andromeda with so many blocks?

1 Like

I have the same problem

1 Like

Me too…

1 Like

Wonder how many others are gonna come in in a few hours.

This needs a fix.

1 Like

how much is “many blocks”?
did you follow the DRY principle?

see also MIT App Inventor 2 Tips – TWO DOG APPS and MIT App Inventor 2 Tips – TWO DOG APPS

Taifun

Screen 1 = 1969 Blocks
Screen 2 = 46 Blocks
Screen 3 = 8 Blocks
Screen 4 = 9 Blocks

Probably not, but even if I do, this app is not completed yet and there are so many features to be implemented and I haven’t started yet, so it won’t decrease the quantity of blocks used.

then this is the first step to do
Taifun

A very good way to learn App Inventor is to read the free Inventor’s Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps … the links are at the bottom of the Web page. The book ‘teaches’ users how to program with AI2 blocks.
There is a free programming course here Course In A Box and the aia files for the projects in the book are here: App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps
How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here: How do you...? .

Also do the tutorials Tutorials for App Inventor | Explore MIT App Inventor to learn the basics of App Inventor, then try something and follow the Top 5 Tips: How to learn App Inventor

I’ll see what I can do.

Meanwhile, can the @Kodular staff look for a solution to this? This actually applies as a bug.

I have a similar problem, the editor often has “freeze” for a few seconds when edited app with many blocks, it is very annoying

4 Likes

in huge project , also same problem !

i have 24 Gig ram in my computer
256 GIG Samsung Evo SSD drive
CPU core i7 4700 HQ
and google chrome

in 1 screen i have about 8000 blocks and very laggy

When you have 8000 blocks it is no wonder it is laggy. You said it yourself, your project is huge. Maybe you can rethink your coding.

1 Like

I know , but i meaning make a soloution for huge project.

I think for now you have to rethink your programming. You can not expect that you can make projects as big as you want without any side effect on the editor.