Upcoming extension: countdown / up timer - date / time format - in real time

I’m going to create a new extension that counts down or up seconds (or ms), but also displays the duration / time in the date format (eg: HH:mm:ss).

The special thing is that the extension does not use a clock and / or does not work with the java countdownTimer, but catch and displays the time in real time. In this way, the countdown / count up does not lose a single millisecond regardless of how long the period is.

The extension (in which I was supported by @Red_Panda with regard to some special java questions) will be extended by some functions yet, but here is a pre-release version / APK for testing:
timerFormatCountdown3.apk (3.5 MB) [updated]

See also the following comparison with the Clock component (which loses 11 sec in a 10 min countdown, on older devices may be even more):

<----

And also the DeepHost countdown extension (which incorrectly counts down 2 seconds at the beginning and does not use a clock component, but uses Java countdownTimer) loses more than 1 second in a 10-minute countdown.

I have regularly found in my, but also in other apps, that the specified (calculated) runtimes do not correspond to the displayed ones. The deviations are considerable with longer durations. In short, the clock component may still be suitable as an egg timer for cooking eggs. :wink:

Note: If you have any suggestions, ideas or issue with that, let me know.

28 Likes

Hi @bodymindpower
Extension seems to be quite interesting.I am waiting for release.
But please move this topic to #extensions category.

1 Like

Note: I updated the download of the APK, unfortunately it was not the current version.

I can’t wait for the extension!! :laughing:
btw, will there be any function like format into different format? like hh:mm:ss:SSS

1 Like

I’m thinking about it, let’s see …

I updated the APK.
(from the first “start” button there was one zero to much at clock countdown)

2 Likes

I updated the APK: timerFormatCountdown7.apk (3.5 MB)
(The countdown can also be paused now.)

3 Likes

Interesting. I like this.

1 Like

Any update?

Test this new version on your devices: countdownUpTimeFormat2.apk (3.5 MB)

• How many time formats can be displayed at the same time without problems (depending on the processor performance of the device)?

• How many formats also run in the background, i.e. if the app is not visible (after pressing device Home button) or the device is in sleep mode (screen off)?

On older (underperforming) devices, there might be problems if many time formats are displayed at the same time.

Note: To display the times in the correct format, calculations with long numbers (Java: long) are carried out every millisecond, so that the processor performance may be overwhelmed.

So please test and give feedback …

Here is a test of one of my test devices (Galaxy Note8, Android 9):

2 Likes

Tested on my Oneplus 5T android 10, OxygenOS version 10.0.0, 8GB RAM+128GB ROM

1. It has lagged for once in my phone, but the lag doesn’t make any delay
  2. Why the clock component part doesn’t pause while others are paused?
  3. For count up, why the music stops but everything still going on when the time is up?

Off-topic

I just can’t stop listening to this satisfying music :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Ok thanks, I updated the APK.

Not for me, should not happen, I tested it again.

Hmm. That’s weird. Maybe it’s just that moment sth is wrong. I can’t reproduce that bug again too.

2 Likes

Hi @bodymindpower: Can we use that dynamically. What I want to do is, Once the App(online Quiz) is live, I want to be able to set and change the timer as and when I need(not the user but the one managing the app from back-end).

Please also let know if any existing system is there to do the same. (I am few weeks old into kodular and know so little about it)

1 Like

Please also add the Features to create countdown by giving start date and end date. Like start date is current time and end date is the time which we set through blocks or database.

Will it work in the background also

Yes, how about trying it out yourself.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Hi Anke,

Are there any updates about the releasedate of this extension? :grimacing:

any aia file please