USB refuses to connect, Kodular Starter Connection Tests say OK!

Is Starter running? Yes, it is running…

Is your phone connected? Yes, it is connected.

This is driving me mad. I do not understand how I’m supposed to use Kodular if it can’t even connect to a USB phone. Is this a Linux issue? My Samsung Galaxy S6 is up to date and my Ubuntu 19.04 is up to date and USB DOES NOT WORK. Sorry for the all caps but I’m really frustrated with this software.

I’m using Starter-master, downloaded yesterday June 9, 2019.

I see topics going back to last November…with the answer being it should be fixed in the next release.

If I’m just going to waste my time, I’ll find another solution. Please let me know what the status is of this bug or how I can fix the problem.

Thank-you,
-Kevin

Perhaps you should take a look at this guide :point_down:

FYI, in Kodular it’s not mandatory that the companion and your PC should be connected to the same WiFi, live testing works even if both of them are connected to different networks. :slightly_smiling_face:
PS: In the last major update, this change was made.

Can you confirm whether it’s working now or not?

Hi,

The USB connection does NOT work. I can successfully start the “python linux.py” Starter-master which finds and starts adb and shows my phone connected as does the “Need Help?” page.

If I try to use “python3 linux.py” I get this:

/usr/local/src/Kodular/Starter-master: python3 linux.py (06-11 12:01:13)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “linux.py”, line 7, in
from bottle import run, route, response
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘bottle’
krieger:/usr/local/src/Kodular/Starter-master:

I reran pip install "pip install -r requirements.txt ":
Requirement already satisfied: bottle==0.12.15 in /home/xxxx/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages (from -r requirements.txt (line 1)) (0.12.15)

Sorry, but none of your links led to solutions, only the same old, same old.

To be clear, I can get it to work with Companion, but that’s not what I want. If I can’t use USB for live testing, it is too slow and wastes too much time connecting via Companion.

I have absolutely no problems with this same setup in MIT App Inventor.

-Kevin

I have no idea why it’s not working.
Perhaps you should wait for a response from the staff.

It’s been a couple of days, how long do you suppose I must wait for the staff to help?

Sorry for your inconvenience. I can understand how frustrating is could be, but the only way to a working solution is to be patient and wait for a positive response from the staff.
Also, instead of creating a new topic, it would have been better if you had stayed on with the old topic on which @pavi2410 was assisting you.

The one where it wouldn’t let me add new information cuz of ???

That thread?

Sorry, but you don’t have a Tech Support thread that is read by “staff”. You also have a
problem that is at least 6 mos old if not years and it isn’t being fixed, it just being argued here that using the companion is fiiiiiiinnnne.

It ain’t, and at this point neither is Kodular. Too bad. :face_vomiting:

Oh, and the total blank on much of the “documentation” is not very useful, either.

First of all, what about being a bit nicer? This way there are chances that others will be nice to you too, else tit for tat.

Wdym?

Let me tell you that each and every thread on the community is read by staff. There’s hardly any topic that they don’t read.

Do you think fixing something which isn’t broken makes any sense? Of course no, infact some users use the starter on Linux without any problem. Also, you are the first person who is complaining that the companion is slow. Maybe it’s because of your slow internet connection.

Will @pavi2410 or anyone from @Kodular please take a look here?

2 Likes

can anyone help I am not able to understand this thing every time I try to connect it shows me this error.
I tried kodular helper but It says that both companion and starter are connected and working well.?

1 Like