Where should I store the icons used inside my app?

Do you mean a web url or file url?

The method is good but this will require internet on evry run of the app and hence might not be the feasible method

1 Like

Yeah, correct!

I think this seems to be the most appropriate method. Should I go with this or is there anything better?

The community is here to help and give you best possible answers. It’s your duty to try them and see what’s fits best for you.
:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes, and both extensions are easy to use:

https://puravidaapps.com/zip.php

3 Likes

Thank you so much.
How about if I upload a zip file in the ‘Assets’ itself and then unzip it when the app is opened? I don’t think that will increase the size of the app by very great extent.

Oh, I see. Thanks :blush:

Web url… all the icons web url

Images can hardly be compressed.
This is all you need:

2 Likes

Is there any way to show the download progress of this zip file to the user?

Maybe something like this:

I actually want to show the download progress on Linear progressbar so that the user knows how much has been downloaded. In the blocks mentioned below, I have used “Custom downloader” extension by Deep Host and your “Download to ASD” extension. If I use the following blocks, will both of my purpose (Showing progress and downloading icons without asking permission) be fulfilled?

@bodymindpower or anyone else, can you please kindly confirm whether the above mentioned blocks will suffice my purpose?

How about trying it out for yourself?

I tried it. When I click on the ‘Download’ button, it asks for permission to access files on the device. However, when I click on the ‘Download’ button again after giving the permission, the file doesn’t get downloaded. I even tried to close the app after giving permission and restarting again, but it doesn’t work.
Test_IconsDownload.aia (97.4 KB)
Test_IconsDownload.apk (5.3 MB)

i tried this block and got file in my app without asking any permission

1 Like

This has to be a relative path:

Note: Extensions from DH are hardly explained in most cases and there is no response to inquiries. So these should be treated with caution.

We don’t allow questions about extensions from Deephost since he doesn’t support them.

3 Likes

It still doesn’t work. :pensive:
Although I won’t be able to show the live download progress to the user, I’ll go with this method:

Thanks @bodymindpower and everyone else for helping me.
Have a good day!