Access storage when recording audio

If the folder does not exist, it first must be created. Use the File component for this:

2 Likes

Note: You must ask for WRITE permission manually:

see here: File path for unzip file component

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply. Can I ask for two permissions at once? Right now, if I ask to write external storage and use the microphone, it will only ask for the permission listed first.

Thanks for the help

See here:

1 Like

this block once i stated recording file has saved but second recording time first file auto remove, no get file list . folder inside always show one recorded file . how to solve it ?

If you set .SaveRecording eg to:
/storage/emulated/0/Music/myRec.3gp
then of course each recording will be overwriten.

Try something like this:

Then you will get:
myRec1.3gp
myRec2.3gp

(show your blocks)

1 Like

Or like this by using clock

Thank you all for your help, it was useful to understand how it works.

But right now I have a problem where I am trying to listen to the audio I just recorded but I can’t.

I’m using the exoplayer, i set the source to the file path just recorded, I created the directory, before creating the directory it gave an error, now it ‘plays’, but I hear nothing.

Thanks if you will help.

Which error? Show your blocks.

couldn’t access the file cause there was no directory looks like, but now as i said it gives no error but i hear no sound

sound player kodular

Set the ExoPlayer.Source in the Button_Invia block, like this:

grafik

1 Like

Thanks, that helped and solved it.

Wow, on kodular even the forum is bugged, i keep receveing notification from this post of the same reply.

Maybe it’s a sign since I’m not receiving any answer anywhere to ask here if you know a way to upload and categorize 3gp files, cloudinary doesn’t let me directly and easily categorize it, I tried airtable but I can’t let it work and create a new row, I don’t know why.

I tried firebase storage and it looks like there is a bug for everyone, from what I discovered it sets the bucket to makeroid-companion.appxyz… for everyone and we don’t have access to it.

Kodular offers many options, but they don’t really work ^^?

Are you talking about this:

If you want help from this forum, your first task shouldn’t be to throw with criticism around you.
Tip: Use the search function. Many questions are already been answered.

2 Likes

Thank you guys for all the support. I have a different question need your help.

After saving the file to “test.3gp”, when I record again. It does not write over the first recording.

What am I missing? Thanks.

See eg here:

Dear bodymindpower, thank you for your quick reply. I read about this in your previous discussion. My intent is to WRITEOVER the previous recording, but it does NOT.

Please advise how to WRITE OVER. Thanks.

I tested your blocks and they work for me. The last recording gets overwritten.
Tip:Try the player component instead the sound component. The sound component is only for short sounds up to 5 seconds or so.

2 Likes

Thank you, Django.

It is working now. Thank you for the Player suggestion as well.

1 Like