Always inverted image

Whenever I attach an image in portrait mode (vertical) from the camera or gallery, it is horizontal. I already tried to rotate with the extension “taifun image”, but it didn’t work. Does anyone know how to resolve?

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select “Download Blocks as Image”. You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Simple block. When I take the photo vertically, it always appears horizontally.
blocks(5)

Blocks with rotation attempt.
blocks(6)

And I haven’t been able to perform the resizing of the images I need either.
blocks(7)

These images i needed to upload to firebase satorage but when i do, they are never resized. I saw a video from 2022 that works, but mine is not working, and I have already tested versions 4 and 5 of “taifun images”, but without success. I already did the test without the “file://” and without the “file://”, but both without success. It is worth remembering that about the rotation, there in firebase it is normal, but in the “Image” component, it always appears rotated by 90 degrees, being the firebase return, or simply after the chosen image from the gallery. Could it be that the problem is not in the extension?
blocks(9)

The image extension only works with images stored in ASD… therefore make sure to use the correct path… what is the path in your case? Display the selection in a label to find it out

Also use the Rotated event to display the rotated image… from the documentation App Inventor Extensions: Image | Pura Vida Apps

Event indicating that image has been rotated.
Parameter successful is indicating true (successful) or false. Parameter result provides error message in case of error or filename in case of success.

Taifun

1 Like

Excuse me, but what would be the correct way. Can you help me with a print of a block?

Follow ny previous advice

Try something
And if you got stuck, post a screenshot of your relevant blocks
Thank you
Taifun

Find out the problem. This only occurs with Android 11. Unfortunately. :cry: Thank you