App Size vs. Customization

Would you rather prefer to be able to pick the ad network which takes the commission or reduce the app size?

• Pick Commission Network
  • Reduce App Size

0 voters

When saying reducing app size, I’m talking like 1mb or so, as lots of libraries won’t be needed

15 Likes

Hello @Diego,
What/Which libraries?

Are they the ones which are very useful or not very useful?

1 Like

All libraries are useful. We don’t add libraries that have no function.
However, giving up the ability to choose your preferred commission network will mean we’ll have to load only one library instead of many

5 Likes

of what? the most important for a component?

Thanks

1 Like

They’re ad sdk libraries

4 Likes

It depends on how many kb will be saved. If it is so much as 1mb or more I guess it is better to reduce app size.

The best would be to use the same ad network used by the creator of the app, but most of the people use admob and I think Kodular is not capable to use Admob for the time being.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

In fact the smaller the app size certainly the more download it will have, I recently created an annotation app, however, for monetized with admob, it had 1.5 MB more, which is a lot compared to other competing apps, so I opted for demonetize it for now, until it has a significant number of users.

1 Like

I just compared the Apk size (created by Egle update) with old Apk and found that apk size is increased by ~2MB without adding any additional component / blocks.

4 Likes

There are updated libraries inside that make the apk bigger.

1 Like

Coz of using many library for taking Commission so it is increasing

1 Like

Okay, I understood but I think if you are publishing the app on Play Store then Size also matters to compete with other similar available apps.

If a user see that all similar apps have size around 5MB and my app (even don’t offer any extra features) has 2MB greater size then why the user download my app. It certainly reduce the number of downloads.

I know these libraries are necessary but app size should also be consider in new Kodular updates.

5 Likes

A powerful app with 7mb is not much.

Not a powerful app. An App with similar features to existing apps has greater size, even double of their size. I am sure, A powerful app size is greater than 10MB.

Well they outcome was clear on this one. :grin:

If you are trying to compete with apps made with android studio, then you can forget that apps made with :kodular: or any other builder will always be large in size

/Boban

3 Likes

And you think it’s just because of it

/Boban

4 Likes

Its Reality

Don’t you think that all new things you wished for has something to do with that as well

/Boban

4 Likes